Lt. Commander
# 91
10-04-2010, 07:01 AM
So... you're trying to annoy me? Or was Star Dagger trying to troll? Looked to me that he was posting sincerely.
Lt. Commander
# 92
10-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
So... you're trying to annoy me? Or was Star Dagger trying to troll? Looked to me that he was posting sincerely.
No. I am just trying to explain "their" rationale for smack talking. Or at least a possible one. But trolling is a good point - it seems to be a similar motivation. (I mean, what's the point of trolling? What prize do you win for flaming or baiting?)

Don't fall for it. You can talk smack back, but at no point take it "serious" or consider it a "problem". That's when they win. If you're counter-smack talking for fun, do it. If you can't enjoy it, ignore it. Sometimes your appraoch will depend on your mood.

I prefer to counter-smack-talk with "reason" if I am inclined to do so at all.
Lt. Commander
# 93
10-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No. I am just trying to explain "their" rationale for smack talking. Or at least a possible one. But trolling is a good point - it seems to be a similar motivation. (I mean, what's the point of trolling? What prize do you win for flaming or baiting?)

Don't fall for it. You can talk smack back, but at no point take it "serious" or consider it a "problem". That's when they win. If you're counter-smack talking for fun, do it. If you can't enjoy it, ignore it. Sometimes your appraoch will depend on your mood.

I prefer to counter-smack-talk with "reason" if I am inclined to do so at all.
I understand, but the original post I was replying to didn't seem like a troll post. It was either sincere, or a very overly-elaborate troll post.
Lt. Commander
# 94
10-04-2010, 07:35 AM
LoL. He just talks that way. It was very clearly a challenge to get people to come shoot it out with them.
Lt. Commander
# 95
10-04-2010, 07:46 AM
I wish it was possible to just go "Hey, we're out here looking for a fight. Come and have fun!", and get results. =/

The whole e-peen waving, pvp smack, provocation manuevering, poetic declarationing, and what else is all very... meh. >.< Not my style I guess.

If it's really just an attempt to get people to fight them, then I'm glad that no one -truly- believes that spawn camping is impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 96
10-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I can't speak for them, but I'm sure they do find it impressive and effective. He already said they would take every advantage. But that doesn't mean that you can't organize and out maneuver or swarm them. That's just what some people picture when you enter a War Zone.

I'm more in line with you as far as talking trash. It's not my thing, but I'll do it in some circumstances. XD
Lt. Commander
# 97
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
I saw that happening in kerrat also this week. I guess this is the type of gamer that would turn on cheats in a normal game instead of playing it. Now i only ever saw one lore guild member particapating in the spawn camping. I was in lore and i dont think anyone else beside that one person needs to spawn camp. Who do i need to contact for setting up some pvp with tsi i have seen a few of you but never had the chance to fiight a team of yours.
@Bluepez

The individual in question has been kicked from fleet and is no longer part of LORE.

Thanks,

Waff