Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 141
10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Is anybody ,truly surprised its on the C-Store? At this point, they could put "Instant Complete Mission" awards and I wouldn't be surprised. Or rank up tokens, "Sick of grinding to Rear Admiral? Just buy a rank up token and instantly skip up 10 ranks, but get all the mission rewards, XP, etc" It still wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Is anybody ,truly surprised its on the C-Store? At this point, they could put "Instant Complete Mission" awards and I wouldn't be surprised. Or rank up tokens, "Sick of grinding to Rear Admiral? Just buy a rank up token and instantly skip up 10 ranks, but get all the mission rewards, XP, etc" It still wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Nothing you just said is even remotely true.
Lt. Commander
# 143 Yeah
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Agree, that post is completely off-base and heading toward reportable trolling territory. It's sad that pictures of virtual items make people THIS upset.
Lt. Commander
# 144
10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Um, how is putting a VANITY PET on the C-Store for 120CP the downfall of the game (because that's what appears to be your message)? The only way that I see any of that happening is if the game ever goes F2P, and that ain't happening any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 145
10-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, what is the big deal? They are still going to put ambient creatures around the place FOR FREE, these are here just to make an extra bucks.

Seriously guys, it is A PET, not a MISSION, or MAP, it is a PET, something that people LIKE, so please, SHUT UP and STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING, and do something CONSTRUCTIVE WITH YOUR TIME. Now if there was a mission, or map, or something needed to complete the game in the C-Store, I would totally agree with you, but it isn't, it is just a cute little pet that does nothing but run around and be cute.
Lt. Commander
# 146
10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
i agree with the first post in this topic.

at first i belived in Dhstal, but now... not so much.
He is promising alot...

I mean if our going to release everything in the c-store, ships is one example, then give us a chance to get them ingame as well or make the game free to play and give us paying subscribers c-store points.

sure, the market has changed and all that, but does that mean that those of us that has other things to put our cash on (like food) should be left out of the content?

c-store stuff is content, no mather how you turn it.
in my opinion they may as well make the game f2p like the models already out there, where subscribers get point for each month to use.
Lt. Commander
# 147
10-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
In what way was none of it even remotely true? It was my level of surprise at things being on the C-Store and how nothing at this point could shock me even if they took it to such a ridiculous degree. Are you saying you know my level of surprise at things going on the C-Store more than I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Um, how is putting a VANITY PET on the C-Store for 120CP the downfall of the game (because that's what appears to be your message)? The only way that I see any of that happening is if the game ever goes F2P, and that ain't happening any time soon.
You have completely misinterpreted my message. I am just saying I have no idea why the OP is so surprised. There is nothing they could put onto the C-Store that wouldn't shock me.
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-08-2010, 05:23 AM
I love how the devs give us 5 weekly missions and two new dailies with new aliens, grenades, guns, Breen bridge officers etc for free, with the promise of a second set of 5 only just over a week away...

And yet the release of a single vanity pet into the C-Store is clearly proof that the end is nigh and all they care about is profit.

*sigh*

I for one love the Sehlat. And it makes great sense to me. If they're looking to introduce ambient wildlife, why not do the modelling and artwork as a pet for the C-Store? That way that work gets paid for by the C-Store rather than taking money from something else, and then the newly created assets can be dropped into worlds as wildlife.
Lt. Commander
# 149
10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly2040 View Post
I love how the devs give us 5 weekly missions and two new dailies with new aliens, grenades, guns, Breen bridge officers etc for free, with the promise of a second set of 5 only just over a week away...
Subscription services are not free...
Lt. Commander
# 150
10-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Subscription services are not free...
True, poor choice of words on my part

But my point is just, sometimes on these forums, you'd think everything new gets put into the C-Store so the players are getting fleeced on their monthly fee, which we're not. The C-store is just extras that no one has to buy. I personally still feel I get plenty for my monthly subscription without going into those extras.