Lt. Commander
# 501
10-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd84 View Post
Personally I think hey just need to add more levels between each rank, 5 or 10 levels between each rank I the admiral stage is just not nearly enough. They should be at least between 15-30 and the higher up as an admiral the bigger the spread should be. To get from Admiral (whatever one is up after vice) to fleet admiral should be 30-45 levels and require certain specific requirements that are quite difficult to attain as there should not be hundreds of fleet admirals running in game at most only the primary guild/fleet leader should be allowed to get this rank. I also still support the idea of adding in Lieutenant Junior grade, Cadet and Commodor.
I do aggree with LT JG and Commodore but not cadet. It should be Ensign, LT JG, LT, LTC, Commander, Captain Commodore and of course still keep how Rear Admiral is but 10 lvls per in LH and UH. Boom there's a lvl 90 cap right there. Reason why ensign over cadet is because as a cadet you're still in the academy. Ensign means you're fresh out.
Lt. Commander
# 502
10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
In The Motion Picture, you have to listen to the radio chatter when we're first seeing Epsilon Station. You'll hear a reference to a Commodore.
Lt. Commander
# 503
10-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94P
I do aggree with LT JG and Commodore but not cadet. It should be Ensign, LT JG, LT, LTC, Commander, Captain Commodore and of course still keep how Rear Admiral is but 10 lvls per in LH and UH. Boom there's a lvl 90 cap right there. Reason why ensign over cadet is because as a cadet you're still in the academy. Ensign means you're fresh out.
The reason I suggest cadet is that we should start out atthe academy on earth where we learn the basic controls and functionality of the game. From there we would then graduate at be posted to our ship under the ensign rank. Cadet would level 0-4 and ensign 5-10 similar to WoW where you would start in Darnassus and learn your basic skills and then travel out from there. First! They will have to make earth visitable and design and create starfleet command and starfleet academy as playable areas.
Lt. Commander
# 504
10-09-2010, 02:19 AM
If they'd done the tutorial at the Academy (as they should), then Cadet/Midshipman would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 505
10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I like that idea... getting thrown into battle against the borg day one? talk about not being prepared...
Lt. Commander
# 506
10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
If they'd done the tutorial at the Academy (as they should), then Cadet/Midshipman would be good.
I like the Midshipman idea, it would give more of a story line to the game (for your toon) and it would act as a tutorial which would be better than the one now. Again I like the idea
Lt. Commander
# 507 Voyager Is The Best!!!!!!!!!!!
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
voyager is by far the best series ever in my opinion and many other people ive talked agree 100 percent captain janeway rules!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 508
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
I assume we're given the Admiral ranks partly in a nod to Kirk from the films and partly to justify how many ships and how much latitude we're given.

I'd personally like to see the rank beyond Fleet Admiral be...

Fleet Captain. I think we should have a sortof rite of passage at that point where we flagrantly disobey (bad) orders for the greater good, perhaps jeopardizing everything to save a canon character... and have to steal our own ship back as part of it. And like Kirk, get busted down to Captain, albeit a Fleet Captain. You could even have NPC chatter about how a lot of the new admirals were running afoul of Starfleet brass and how brevet promotions had led to too many admirals anyway.

That way, we get unofficial respect for being former admirals and a bit of notoreity for "breaking the rules" and the game goes back to the more manageable idea of endgame captains.
Lt. Commander
# 509
11-17-2010, 08:09 AM
It would also be great if, instead of a PROMOTION ceremony, we had a court martial hearing with Quinn or whoever, followed by a DEMOTION ceremony.
Lt. Commander
# 510
11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
it would be kind of funny to watch my ranks ripped off.
Closed Thread