Lt. Commander
# 11
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Most of the disgruntled Eve players pounced on this game in it's infancy.

Look up "Starfleet Dental" on youtube.

If you are easily offended, avoid PvP like the plague it is.

Klingon ships are Over Powered in PvP, If you must PvP fly a Klingon. Most Klingon players are delusional and can not see the obvious differences in the ships spouting, "Fed ships have more Hull" as they Battle cloak and run.

If you like nerfing other people's ships, fly a Fed Sci ship.

Every new ship that comes out is Over Powered compared to the older ones, untill the QQ'rs of this forum cry enough.

Expect sudden far reaching changes to the game physics as this forum has the biggest group of QQ'rs I have ever encountered. This very small minority basically runs the game as Cryptic trips over itself to please all their conflicting whims.

On the good side it is Star Trek. It is fun most of the time. The Sehlet pet they just released is Awesome. We have a new leader at Cryptic now, hopefully he is better at weeding out the requests here.

As always time will tell.

If you need any help, PM me in game and I'll tell it to you straight. My name in game is the same as here unlike a lot of the forum members as it lets them hide their identities so they can troll.

I've been a Fleet Admiral for awhile now and have always been helpfull.
As a Fed who has fought Klingons in PvP, I would say that they are not overpowered, but they always appear to be better organized (most of all they do is based around PvP). Klingon groups tend to have better teamwork. I usually see them plucking off one ship at a time while the Feds just sort of fire at anything in range.

As for the forum handles, I don't know what you're talking about there. I have many different characters and they are all "character@John0901", so I cannot see how anyone can "hide their identity."
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM
You can make any name you want to use here on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Go back to eve or find another game STO is crap.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
If you are easily offended, avoid PvP like the plague it is.

Klingon ships are Over Powered in PvP, If you must PvP fly a Klingon. Most Klingon players are delusional and can not see the obvious differences in the ships spouting, "Fed ships have more Hull" as they Battle cloak and run.

If you like nerfing other people's ships, fly a Fed Sci ship.

Every new ship that comes out is Over Powered compared to the older ones, untill the QQ'rs of this forum cry enough.

Expect sudden far reaching changes to the game physics as this forum has the biggest group of QQ'rs I have ever encountered. This very small minority basically runs the game as Cryptic trips over itself to please all their conflicting whims.

:
Wow.. I mean wow.
Thats just the biggest load of feces I've heard in a while.
Maybe you need to step away from the game for a while and get a better perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I know you are a Klingon and you would be an example of the delusioned I mentioned.

If anyone needs to step away it would be the delusioned.

EVERY component of my post can be proved by the OP merely trying a few PvP's.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
You can make any name you want to use here on the forums.
Could you explain how to do that? Because from what I have seen, your forum name is your @name.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
good chioce if you are a Star Trek fan.....if not you may not like STO.....The community is more friendly than most I think.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-11-2010, 06:27 PM
*current EvE Online player raises his hand*

Welcome to STO. Relax, unwind, have fun!

You can't really compare STO and EvE - they're two completely different games. Eve is a sandbox where everyone does as they like. STO is more like a standard computer game that is played online with a community.

Personally, I play STO to get away from the idiocy of eve - the gankers, griefers, QQers on the forums and "superior intellects" who think they know everything...but it is still a beautiful, well put together game.

STO on the other hand is about fun. You log on, do a mission, blow stuff up. Get onto pvp, and blow stuff up. And no need to worry about losing your ship, guys who want to make your day miserable, requests for tears, scams, morons...

Yes, things are still in development. But then, what MMO isn't still in development. Heck, Eve is still in development, and its still going strong after 6 years! What other MMO, apart from Wow, can claim that lifespan?

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the game without any pressure. Have fun. And when the desire to go back to eve becomes too strong, do so.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
Could you explain how to do that? Because from what I have seen, your forum name is your @name.
I'm don't know how they do it, but there are several people here who have different forum names than their account names.

A current example is Mikey (random jumble of numbers) who is also Venwar in the game in the "Amusing PvP chat of the week" thread.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Your forum name is your @handle, though for those accounts created sometime after sto launched i believe (not sure on the timeframe really) their account name is different. those of us older than that time either have the same account name as our forum name or have contacted billing to get one of them changed.