Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm not proud of it...
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
But I helped my team spawn camp in an arena battle to win the match. It was at Captain's level.

The score was 11 Fed to 2 Klingon when, after respawning myself, I noticed three of my team mates found the respawn for 2 of the FEDs. We then camped them. And then we won 12 Fed to 15 Klingon.

I want to know why the camped players kept coming back into our guns and giving us kills. Instead of NOT respawning and telling the rest of their team to come "pull these guys off us". Or why the rest of the team did not notice that they were losing (I mean there is a scoreboard) and come help them out.

We were 4 kills from a Fed win and because of a lack of adjustment on their part they lost.

Here is some free advice.

1) When being camped in an arena. DO NOT keep repawning. You are just giving kills away. Let your team mates know you are being camped and by how many. They should then pull the campers off the spawn and let you know when to try and break in.

2) Watch the scoreboard. If you are 4 kills from winning like these guys were, don't rush. You need to regroup and talk to each other about things you can do to win.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
i dotn see anything wrong abotu spawn camping
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Seems fine to me. Not to ruin their gameplay but to end the game so you can start a more equal match.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Seems fine to me. Not to ruin their gameplay but to end the game so you can start a more equal match.
Havent you guys learned yet!? Its called deployment suppresion!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Spawn camp more so that the devs do something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
stop spawning where i camp damnit!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
If the other feds in the match continued to nest instead of adjusting there tactic... you won. Period. All they had to do was head your way. Not like the spawns are random or something so they should have had zero issues finding the fun.

And ya there is no such thing as Spawn Camping in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh, yeah, that fight. I'm still trying to figure out why they kept on spawning at that one location. Cryptic was supposed to fix the non-random spawn bit months ago. Seriously bad luck for them, though. I'd start to fly off, only for them to pop back up, and get shot at, and then, well.... *boom!* Then the other one respawns, and it starts all over....

Cryyyypppttiicc, you have another bug!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Its no bug. Cryptic set the spawn to the gate closest to the team.... which begs the question where the heck was the rest of there team.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
I want to know why the camped players kept coming back into our guns and giving us kills.
One of the constants in every multiplayer PVP, going back to the stone age

You'll always get a few lemmings in every (pug) match.