Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Unless they make it an actually powerful science ship for the federation, (in terms of the damn thing being able to kill things, fast, and maneuver, just like any cruiser can) which so far does not seem to be happening, I won't be spending 50 points on it, nor even 5 marks of exploration.

The turtle is a better "no weapon power" debuff-only ship, and a cruiser like the excelsior is significantly more durable than even the turtle, doing a lot more damage.

It baffles the mind really, from it's graphic this is THE ship that would look like a 4-2 configuration - Just add turning rate to that, and voila, fixed. But whatever. Let's have another 125 aux 25 weapon power ship, just less powerful and on the cstore, that'll sell well.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakatronix View Post
im a bit confused. why does it cost less in marks of exploration as in comparison to the others? i thought it was a t5.
I think the other retrofits cost 500 *emblems*
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
It would make sense that the Nebula and Excelsior cost 200 Marks of Exploration instead of 500 Emblems since Rear Admirals can pilot them. I am basing my assumption on the fact that the Excelsior will have the same price as the Nebula and that it will eventually be available for purchase through other means.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
It would make sense that the Nebula and Excelsior cost 200 Marks of Exploration instead of 500 Emblems since Rear Admirals can pilot them. I am basing my assumption on the fact that the Excelsior will have the same price as the Nebula and that it will eventually be available for purchase through other means.
that would make her a t 4.5?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2010, 07:07 AM
I can live with another 1200 point ship if it meets the quality that the excelsior refit is. I know that this is another point about the ship entirely, but I have to say that the nebula needs another hard point on the front, making it 4/3 and having some punch to it like the U.S.S. Phoenix did in the TNG episode "The Wounded". Also it needs to have atleast a 9 turn rate also and the ship would justify the 1200 point cost easily.

A Science ship with a great turn rate and some teeth would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oroko
I can live with another 1200 point ship if it meets the quality that the excelsior refit is. I know that this is another point about the ship entirely, but I have to say that the nebula needs another hard point on the front, making it 4/3 and having some punch to it like the U.S.S. Phoenix did in the TNG episode "The Wounded". Also it needs to have atleast a 9 turn rate also and the ship would justify the 1200 point cost easily.

A Science ship with a great turn rate and some teeth would be nice.
I think I'll settle for 4-2 for balance purposes and a 12 base turn ratio (which the turtle currently has!). But we need a decent 125 weapon power science ship, which we currently don't have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
I think I'll settle for 4-2 for balance purposes and a 12 base turn ratio (which the turtle currently has!). But we need a decent 125 weapon power science ship, which we currently don't have.
4/2 wouldn't help at all. The probem the ship has is getting it's front around. Taking 1 from the rear and putting it int the front only weakens the broadside potential of the ship, and broadside is where it's going to be spending most of its time.

And they're never going to make a 125 science ship. That's not the purpose of science ships, or the science class.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
The T3 Neb is probably going to cost around 135k Credits. The T5 is probably going to be 500 Emblems. Or you can buy both for all characters with 1,200 CPs. That's my guess.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakatronix View Post
im a bit confused. why does it cost less in marks of exploration as in comparison to the others? i thought it was a t5.
It is a tier 5. Maybe they will bring the 500 mark ships down to a more reasonable price. *crosses fingers*
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem

I didn't know that it already had a turn rate based at 12. I have been reading the tribble forums and it was my understanding that the turn rate was around 8. Glad to know they bumped it to 12. The issue about having a 4/3 weapons layout still stands. There is hard cannon in the TNG episode I already referenced with the U.S.S. Phoenix blowing the hell out of cardassian war ships and even an outpost; as the Nebula is currently armed on tribble, it is a far cry from it's cannon predicessor. One more issue from tribble I forgot to mention earlier is the loss of the 9th console slot. The general consensus on tribble is that the 9th console slot needs to be added for a 3/3/3 layout to make the Nebula a great ship. I hope cryptic is reading tribble and implementing the suggestions being made by the community; failing that I fear that it will be craptasitc and no one will want it because a star cruiser can do what the nebula does, only better.