Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Shrug, I think this is quite pathetic as far as "strategies" go, and about as ethical as if you found that activating power X + Y while doing Z disconnected a player and kept using it to gain free kills.

Even if the team had come to the spawn point, they would then have been even worse off, because now they would have faced your entire team minus the dead people who spawn with no shield and weapon power.

The only two viable strategies at that point is to tell the people being spawn camped to not appear until you have visual confirmation of the players who were stalking them (since they could just be cloaked nearby), and essentially give away 3 kills since you'll be fighting 5 on 3 until they can get to you, or full impulse to the edge of the map, drop map, and reward the Klingons with no exp and no marks for their troubles.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
Havent you guys learned yet!? Its called deployment suppresion!
Suppression is spelled this way.

But hey, I love being quoted by the "Enemy". LOL

Yours in Military nomenclature Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Shrug, I think this is quite pathetic as far as "strategies" go, and about as ethical as if you found that activating power X + Y while doing Z disconnected a player and kept using it to gain free kills.

Even if the team had come to the spawn point, they would then have been even worse off, because now they would have faced your entire team minus the dead people who spawn with no shield and weapon power.

The only two viable strategies at that point is to tell the people being spawn camped to not appear until you have visual confirmation of the players who were stalking them (since they could just be cloaked nearby), and essentially give away 3 kills since you'll be fighting 5 on 3 until they can get to you, or full impulse to the edge of the map, drop map, and reward the Klingons with no exp and no marks for their troubles.
Well players that far along in the game should understand the power system. Emergency power to X system... Battaries. Hell Engine Batt Evasive... get some distance recharge powers bingo your in buisness.

I have had Countless feds try and spawn camp me in Ker Rat. None of them have ever caught me with out taking some lumps, as couldn't get my power back up. I have went down sure... but one two come with.

I can't believe anyone complains about this issue. If YOU are being "Spawn Camped" Wait until your skills are cycled before you respawn... Figure out how you are going to get yourself out of the situation.

If these poor souls team mates had come back they would have easily beat back the "Spawn Campers" comming back with full shield and full hull is kind of a good thing isn't it. Power can be maxed in no time. It is a None issue... or at least it should be.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Its no bug. Cryptic set the spawn to the gate closest to the team.... which begs the question where the heck was the rest of there team.
Hmm.. Explain how, as a Klingon player, I can enter a match, team up, fly 60-70k to the Fed spawn.. Attack them, eventually die

And spawn 60k away?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2010, 01:19 AM
I have no way of knowing how well the camping is being done, but if it's down to an art, you can't get away (as a non-battle cloaker) Yes, I sometimes take out a BoP with me out of 5 attacking, but I'm still dead - and worse, back to square one.

It's really quite simple, you have someone attack and do the usual stuff (tractor, wap plasma, etc) while someone else remains cloaked - if by some miracle the prey escapes, you are chasing him full impulse vs his evasive + emergency power, you'll win. He's likely already hurt from 4-5 alpha strikes, so as soon as the evasive wears off, you decloak, tractor again (his anti tractor will be on timer) and blow him up. (The 2nd tractor is just to add insult to injury, it's totally not required).

Now make sure the chasers are 2 people, just for more comedic value and to make sure the escaping ship doesn't even have a small chance, while the rest of the fleet is hyper+emergency to engines after the sucker.

Of course, this is just re: kerrat, which had nothing to do with the topic originally being discussed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
theres been a few times our team has ended up drifting to the spawn (by way of killing them as they come and inching closer) and we realize this. so we go to move away only to be attacked the moment the spawning ships respawn. what do we do then? let them fire at us as we pull back to give them a "fair" chance or blow thejm up for firing on us?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem

Not quite Warem, you are talking about a exploit (ie: using a skill or combo of skills, that have a beneficial unintended effect) - Spawn camping is not an exploit..

There are multiple ways of avoiding it:

1: Stop balling up 5k from your initial spawnpoint, at the start of every game.. Move to the center of the map
2: Do not drag the opponents to your teams spawn, if you can avoid it
3: Cloak or MES the instant you respawn
4: Use evasive, batteries, EP2E to run out of range (this might have the added benefit of dragging the spawncampers away from the rest of your team)

Remember this:

If you spawn into a game, and you insist on staying there, YOU are the cause of any spawncamping.. The opponents are merely fighting at the spot you've chosen.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
theres been a few times our team has ended up drifting to the spawn (by way of killing them as they come and inching closer) and we realize this. so we go to move away only to be attacked the moment the spawning ships respawn. what do we do then? let them fire at us as we pull back to give them a "fair" chance or blow thejm up for firing on us?
Hah, thats happened to me as well.. Ill start moving away from their spawn (after killing someone that ran to the spawn).. And one or more of them inevitably impulse the 10k after me and starts shooting at me..
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Deployment suppression! And who said life and war is fair?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2010, 05:36 AM
" Hey Hey a Booboo, Lets go a spawn camp some feds",
"CodeRangers not gonna like that, Yogi."

Personally, as long as one doesn't taunt and ridicule the opponents beyond friendly "salt throwing", I've never had a n issue with spawn camping in Ker'rat.
In arena's I like to go high and make the feds come to us, so spawn camping is more of a "having" to go where the feds are sort of dilema.