Lt. Commander
# 21
10-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen any indication that the Nebula has a 12. I think he's mistaken. The last official word was that it was raised to 8.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Thought so, thanks for clearing that up. So the turn rate is still way low, it needs another hard point on the front and the 9th console added for a 3/3/3 layout would fix it nicely then.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
I think it needs the extra console spot in engineering so you can throw a an extra turn rate console in there.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
4/2 wouldn't help at all. The probem the ship has is getting it's front around. Taking 1 from the rear and putting it int the front only weakens the broadside potential of the ship, and broadside is where it's going to be spending most of its time.

And they're never going to make a 125 science ship. That's not the purpose of science ships, or the science class.
Tell that to my science BoP.

Also, with a 12 base turn rate, the ship WOULD be able to bring it's nose to bear.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Tell that to my science BoP.

Also, with a 12 base turn rate, the ship WOULD be able to bring it's nose to bear.
The ship doesn't have a 12 turn so your point is moot. If your BoP had an 8 turn and 4/2 it too would suck.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
I haven't seen any indication that the Nebula has a 12. I think he's mistaken. The last official word was that it was raised to 8.
Err..

I wasn't mistaken, I was misunderstood. I suppose I could have been clearer:

Intrepid (Voyager) Retrofit:

3-3 weapon slots
12 turn rate
ablative turtle mode

So, I was calling the Intrepid-R the turtle, and clearly the reference was lost. So, now all I am asking for from the new ship is:

4-2 weapon slots
12 turn rate

Does not seem like a stretch really. Amusingly enough, I don't want a WORSE ship than one already easily available, nor do I foresee paying anything to get one.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
The ship doesn't have a 12 turn so your point is moot. If your BoP had an 8 turn it too would suck.
....are you a bit dense? Did I not say that the ship required BOTH to be useful? Of course it doesn't have a 12 turn rate. It ALSO doesn't have 4-2. However, the statement was that with BOTH together, the setup would be viable, and what's more, it would be powerful.

I also gave the example of a science bop to show a science ship that typically runs 125 weapon power. I think NOT having an option for a ship that can do that and not suck takes a lot from the gameplay of the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Err..

I wasn't mistaken, I was misunderstood. I suppose I could have been clearer:

Intrepid (Voyager) Retrofit:

3-3 weapon slots
12 turn rate
ablative turtle mode

So, I was calling the Intrepid-R the turtle, and clearly the reference was lost. So, now all I am asking for from the new ship is:

4-2 weapon slots
12 turn rate

Does not seem like a stretch really. Amusingly enough, I don't want a WORSE ship than one already easily available, nor do I foresee paying anything to get one.
I was irked about the TR as well until I stepped back and looked at the concept. The Intrepid R is a combat medic, able to fight and heal while shrugging off some damage. The Nebula is pure support. Revealing cloaked ships at a long distance and throwing heals.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
I also gave the example of a science bop to show a science ship that typically runs 125 weapon power. I think NOT having an option for a ship that can do that and not suck takes a lot from the gameplay of the federation.
Keeping in mind that Klingon science is an oxymoron I'll only say that you can already run a SV at 125 weapons: 100 weapons, 9 proficiency, 5 PI engine, and +11 from 2 consoles. The difference here is that all Klink ships are built for war while Feds specialize.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-13-2010, 02:37 AM
i wouldnt mind a light carrier.

something similar to the british invincible class. it should act as a cloak detector plus carry a few fighter style ships. lighter armor than a klingon cruiser and carries less.

it would be an interesting ship nonetheless.