Lt. Commander
# 21
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
theres been a few times our team has ended up drifting to the spawn (by way of killing them as they come and inching closer) and we realize this. so we go to move away only to be attacked the moment the spawning ships respawn. what do we do then? let them fire at us as we pull back to give them a "fair" chance or blow thejm up for firing on us?
Well, see, this is an entirely different thing, heck, I have done it several times. What can you do if they don't move away from their damn spawn point.

But if you read the OP, that was NOT the case. The Fed group was KICKING ass AND they were in the middle of the map, so in desperation two Klingons decided to go spawn camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
1: Stop balling up 5k from your initial spawnpoint, at the start of every game.. Move to the center of the map
2: Do not drag the opponents to your teams spawn, if you can avoid it
3: Cloak or MES the instant you respawn
4: Use evasive, batteries, EP2E to run out of range (this might have the added benefit of dragging the spawncampers away from the rest of your team)

Remember this:

If you spawn into a game, and you insist on staying there, YOU are the cause of any spawncamping.. The opponents are merely fighting at the spot you've chosen.
Please realize that while this is all true, I'm not talking about regular spawn camping which is usually (about 99%? of the time) the Feds own fault for not doing the above. Also, someone brought out Kerrat which again had nothing to do with the OP, so I replied to that, stating that if the spawn camping is done perfectly there, you can't get away as a non-battle cloaker.

But to be clear, the OP issue, Regular Fed Spawn Camping due to the Feds fault, And Kerrat Spawn Camping are entirely different things.

(But for Kerrat guys, once the person has said enough, I'll just leave, you really should let them warp out)
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, the op situation ..
Didnt the player being killed hit 'respawn' every time?
Didnt his team neglect to come to his aid, once they realized what was going on?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
But if you read the OP, that was NOT the case. The Fed group was KICKING ass AND they were in the middle of the map, so in desperation two Klingons decided to go spawn camp.
Really thats the issue here the fed tactic was working... so the other side switched tactics... the feds didn't react... they loose. NO ISSUES here at all.. a fed team that didn't adapt. Battle is fluid they forgot that and lost. Nothing AT ALL for any one to feel bad about. The feds lost FAIR and Square.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Really thats the issue here the fed tactic was working... so the other side switched tactics... the feds didn't react... they loose. NO ISSUES here at all.. a fed team that didn't adapt. Battle is fluid they forgot that and lost. Nothing AT ALL for any one to feel bad about. The feds lost FAIR and Square.
The funny thing is that we were a pug. I myself am new to the PvP in STO (just since season 2). We even had Mr. "Shoot at the metron gas clouds untill I see the Fed Ball and then I'll charge it" on our side. And still I don't think I've ever seen such a meltdown in another teams play like that.
I really thought, at the start of the match, we were up against a good team and we were had.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Not quite Warem, you are talking about a exploit (ie: using a skill or combo of skills, that have a beneficial unintended effect) - Spawn camping is not an exploit..

There are multiple ways of avoiding it:

1: Stop balling up 5k from your initial spawnpoint, at the start of every game.. Move to the center of the map
2: Do not drag the opponents to your teams spawn, if you can avoid it
3: Cloak or MES the instant you respawn
4: Use evasive, batteries, EP2E to run out of range (this might have the added benefit of dragging the spawncampers away from the rest of your team)

Remember this:

If you spawn into a game, and you insist on staying there, YOU are the cause of any spawncamping.. The opponents are merely fighting at the spot you've chosen.
This is probobly the answer to this topic. As I have seen this done many a times in Ker'rat.
I have done this my self, when playing my Fed. Evasive + EPS or Engine Battery, and Zoomed off while rolling defenses. Pulls the Enemy suppressing my deployment away.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Spawn camping may not be a bug, and it may not be ilegal at present, but it is VERY POOR Sportsmanship at the very best. One MMO I played for over six years had it as Ilegal, and if you were reported for doing it 3 times, your account was Banned fro that server for LIFE.

It is a component that distroys good attitudes in any game where it is used.
Lt. Commander
# 27 There is a simple fix...
10-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Just don't respawn until they leave, or cloak whatever. Maybe /zone and ask them to move...I've done that and they did, still kicked my A$$ when we found them but don't whine about it...

Poeple take this game WAAAAAAYYYYY too seriously sometimes...Even me, I have QQ'd too...
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Spawn camping may not be a bug, and it may not be ilegal at present, but it is VERY POOR Sportsmanship at the very best. One MMO I played for over six years had it as Ilegal, and if you were reported for doing it 3 times, your account was Banned fro that server for LIFE.

It is a component that distroys good attitudes in any game where it is used.
I have both fed and Klingon characters. Spawn camping happens to the feds more often due to the fact that there are more fed players than Klingon players. Klingons are pvp and Fed players are more PVE. Fed players in general are less experienced at pvp and tend to do things like sitting at the spawn which result in camping. I have been in numerous matches with my klingon toons where myself or one of teammates warned in zone chat for the feds to move from spawn to avoid camping. Generally they didnt listen and got camped. Only answer for this is have multiple spawn spots to choose from as players seem unable to learn from there mistakes. Instead people whine and dont adjust to the game. As for the original poster keep doing what your doing as there is nothing wrong with what you did. Dont blame the player who is doing the camping blame the idiots who dont learn to move from the spawn point. Spawn camp till they learn or cryptic makes pvp idiot proof( with multiple spawn points, or forced spawning away from the action)
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't see spawn camping as that huge of an issue, since the campers are at a reinforcement disadvantage by being so far away from their own spawn point. If all those who were camped respawn at the same time and everyone else in the arena comes back, they end up getting into a fight where they have the upper hand since it takes longer for enemy reinforcements to get there than it takes friendly reinforcements.

Edit: If you reallllllly hate spawn camping, pick up Tractor Beam Repulsors, set yourself to max Speed, use Evasive, hit repulsors and watch your enemies go flying out of range of your team...
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atemporal View Post
I don't see spawn camping as that huge of an issue, since the campers are at a reinforcement disadvantage by being so far away from their own spawn point. If all those who were camped respawn at the same time and everyone else in the arena comes back, they end up getting into a fight where they have the upper hand since it takes longer for enemy reinforcements to get there than it takes friendly reinforcements.

Edit: If you reallllllly hate spawn camping, pick up Tractor Beam Repulsors, set yourself to max Speed, use Evasive, hit repulsors and watch your enemies go flying out of range of your team...
I have seen some good teams take advantage of being at the spawn. Unfortunatly most fed players dont work together well or dont learn