Lt. Commander
# 11
10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
We should be able to design our own humanoidish looking Android and it will bypass the Brett Spiner issues.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I assume the androids will have plain features and that you'll be able to adjust some of the superficials, such as hair type. They'll probably have the same skin tones as Data, though. If it doesn't look like a machine in some ways there's not much point in having it be an android. I can build an alien and make him look like whatever I want.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Both Juliana Tainer and Lal were Soong-type Androids. In the Episode "The Offspring", Lal choose Human Female from among several pheno-types. Another that made the final cut was Male Andorian.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I assume the androids will have plain features and that you'll be able to adjust some of the superficials, such as hair type. They'll probably have the same skin tones as Data, though. If it doesn't look like a machine in some ways there's not much point in having it be an android. I can build an alien and make him look like whatever I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Both Juliana Tainer and Lal were Soong-type Androids. In the Episode "The Offspring", Lal choose Human Female from among several pheno-types. Another that made the final cut was Male Andorian.
Not to mention androids in TOS looked like normal humans.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
There were Cravic and Pralor type androids in the Delta Quadrent. Perhapse the Cravics could be a player android race for the Roumulans when and if they become a faction. They could also be inserted into the exitsitng game as an enemy NPC unit.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
As far as I know, the Android and Holographic races are already in the game's programming, they just haven't been activated yet because CBS is having second thoughts on them. So it isn't a matter of them being done, it is a matter of convincing CBS to let Cryptic use them.

http://www.stowiki.org/Unused_Traits

Also, their seems to be some sort of clone or superhuman in development.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
As far as I know, the Android and Holographic races are already in the game's programming, they just haven't been activated yet because CBS is having second thoughts on them. So it isn't a matter of them being done, it is a matter of convincing CBS to let Cryptic use them.

http://www.stowiki.org/Unused_Traits

Also, their seems to be some sort of clone or superhuman in development.
I don't believe CBS is having second thoughts. Both the android and holo captains are listed as upcoming on the Engineering Report. Perfection and approval are just a slow process.

As far as the superhumans, I believe that was begun as part of the Children of Khan STF, that was put on hold. My guess is that an Augmented Human BO is probably the prize for winning that STF.