Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
We should be able to design our own humanoidish looking Android and it will bypass the Brett Spiner issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I assume the androids will have plain features and that you'll be able to adjust some of the superficials, such as hair type. They'll probably have the same skin tones as Data, though. If it doesn't look like a machine in some ways there's not much point in having it be an android. I can build an alien and make him look like whatever I want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Both Juliana Tainer and Lal were Soong-type Androids. In the Episode "The Offspring", Lal choose Human Female from among several pheno-types. Another that made the final cut was Male Andorian.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I assume the androids will have plain features and that you'll be able to adjust some of the superficials, such as hair type. They'll probably have the same skin tones as Data, though. If it doesn't look like a machine in some ways there's not much point in having it be an android. I can build an alien and make him look like whatever I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Both Juliana Tainer and Lal were Soong-type Androids. In the Episode "The Offspring", Lal choose Human Female from among several pheno-types. Another that made the final cut was Male Andorian.
Not to mention androids in TOS looked like normal humans.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
There were Cravic and Pralor type androids in the Delta Quadrent. Perhapse the Cravics could be a player android race for the Roumulans when and if they become a faction. They could also be inserted into the exitsitng game as an enemy NPC unit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
As far as I know, the Android and Holographic races are already in the game's programming, they just haven't been activated yet because CBS is having second thoughts on them. So it isn't a matter of them being done, it is a matter of convincing CBS to let Cryptic use them.


http://www.stowiki.org/Unused_Traits

Also, their seems to be some sort of clone or superhuman in development.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
As far as I know, the Android and Holographic races are already in the game's programming, they just haven't been activated yet because CBS is having second thoughts on them. So it isn't a matter of them being done, it is a matter of convincing CBS to let Cryptic use them.


http://www.stowiki.org/Unused_Traits

Also, their seems to be some sort of clone or superhuman in development.
I don't believe CBS is having second thoughts. Both the android and holo captains are listed as upcoming on the Engineering Report. Perfection and approval are just a slow process.

As far as the superhumans, I believe that was begun as part of the Children of Khan STF, that was put on hold. My guess is that an Augmented Human BO is probably the prize for winning that STF.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM.