Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Customization/Zoom
09-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Awhile back there was some griping about not being able to zoom in close enough when using the ship customization interface. This problem would lead to having to go back into the spacedock to make additional adjustments. This was tedios and costly (in energy credits) and Cryptic acknowledged the issue and it was adjusted in a subsequent update.

In that update users were then able to zoom in very, very close. Soon after it was announced that the zoom feature would again be reconfigured, only at this point it seems to me that it's back to where it was originally. I spend a great deal of time customizing (and odten changing up) the appearance of my vessels and the current maximum zoom-in is still just not close enough.

I don't need feel like I am so close that I can press my face into the side of the hull, just enough so I can see the fine detail well enough and not guess at it. Much of the artwork has been styled so beautifully; I would thnk that the designers would want their hard work visible enough to be appreciated. Please readjust the maximum zoom-in feature.

**I just now saw the September Engineering Report ; I'm going to assume that "Camera issues with the Ship Customization UI" which is listed as "Under Imvestigation" is the same zoom-in issue as I personally haven't had any difficulty with the camera performance.**
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Why bother using a earth dock console to build or spec ships? Give us a repair pod kind of like the one Kirk used in the opening launch of star trek 2 ? Use the pod to fetch and attach parts and paint the ship?