Lt. Commander
# 1 Deepspace Encounter Exp
10-14-2010, 02:16 AM
I do deepspace encounters or defend missions every so often, for some reasons at random times i get 140-160bonus exp when i finish one.

Does anyone know what triggers the bonus 150exp?

Thankies!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-14-2010, 02:18 AM
At least you get XP, from time to time I'll enter a DSE and go the whole distance and get bupkiss....even though its the DSE that pulled me from sector space to begin with.

Other times I get sucked in and the engagement is on cool down and I get XP for just being pulled in........

<shrugs>
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Haha, oh well was hoping to figure how to get it all time but will be grateful for the random occurances!

ty
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2010, 05:23 AM
I don't believe it's random, I believe you get the EXP the first time you complete a certain scenario. There are usually about 2-3 different set ups for a DSE to be per enemy faction, but since it's easy to go back into one you already went into, it appears random.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
I don't believe it's random, I believe you get the EXP the first time you complete a certain scenario. There are usually about 2-3 different set ups for a DSE to be per enemy faction, but since it's easy to go back into one you already went into, it appears random.
huh....learn something new everyday.......
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
At least you get XP, from time to time I'll enter a DSE and go the whole distance and get bupkiss....even though its the DSE that pulled me from sector space to begin with.

Other times I get sucked in and the engagement is on cool down and I get XP for just being pulled in........

<shrugs>
I don't know, this constantly happens to me. I've just gotten to where I only do the encounters with each species once or if I'm doing a defend the wherever mission, and otherwise just warp away (unless someone needs help). Sometimes it randomly gives me XP, sometimes not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
The first time you enter a DSE for a faction in a particular sector block, you'll get xp for completing that DSE (completion means reading the initial dialog from the Starfleet officer, and being present while the reset timer is going - you can warp in to a DSE for the first time while it is on a cool down, read the information, and get xp for doing absolutely nothing). Other than that first time, the only xp you'll get is for completing "Defend ___ Sector" missions, and you have to actually complete 3 DSE per sector for that.