Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
10-15-2010, 05:09 AM
You Seriously Think about naming the next ship you get the "Happy Pup" with a Fleet Logo of Stormy..
"The Real Pirate shade[y]" Pupzilla... Yarg.. Tasha would be proud Yar...
I already named most of one BO group for certain beautiful people here..

Yo totally know your micromanaging when.. You wake up and say good morning to yourself on the way to the water closet.

You talk to the Science officer about programming a Holosuite Simulation with the Dog Whisper to handle the tribble Sehlot situation i n10 F.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-15-2010, 09:59 AM
My God, I actually have gotten mad at my engineers for not having emergency power to weapons at all times in combat (both my engineers have it as Ensign skill, so I can always have it active).
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Another symptom may be, monologuing or singing songs about your ship during firefights.

If I am on an intercept for an enemy that's off by its lonesome, I have been known to sing, "All By Myself" in local chat. I got some laughs from a nearby cruiser captain the first time I did it.

Sometimes when I am right on an enemy when it explodes, or someone detonates Photonic Shockwave I'll sing, "Blinded By The Light".

Oh, and when Kim was at Big Dig shooting Romulans with her plasma pistol, I started singing, "Soul On Fire".

Lately, I've been inspired by little poems that people used to write about our Naval ships. Like the songs dedicated to the battleship Oregon, so I've been trying to come up with a few for some of my vessels.

I was singing this by the end of the night, yesterday: "Here comes USS Gambier Bay. Warriors and Centurions turn and run, she's here to wreck your day."

and when charging at full impulse at a clump of Klingon fighters, I broke out with: "Run away, Run away, here comes Gambier Bay."

"Stellar Drift, light and fast.
Charging wrecklessly into the fight, battle ensign high upon her mast.
Affixed with brains instead of brawn
We will bring the pain, and the wrath of Dawn
Enemies high and lo laugh you not at Stellar Drift
She'll bleed you dry and make you all eat ^@*!)."

Oh, and let's not forget theme songs. How many of you have a dedicated theme song to your ship(s), and captain(s)?
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-15-2010, 10:47 AM
You know you play too much STO when, at shift change, a co-worker who knows a little too much about your aspirations in life sees you typing frantically on the STO forum and gives you his best Stewie Griffin impression.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
It is only my lack of artistic talent that has held me back from designing badges for my ships, as is done on modern naval vessels.