Lt. Commander
# 41
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
I'd be happy if they would just cut the transwarp cooldown from 30 minutes to 5 or 10.
Yes that would be great. 30 min is way to long cooldown period.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
with the diplomacy transwarp abilities you get to every major starbase quickly, so it wouldnt take long to get to a majority of the sectors from there.if you happen to have the excelsior then you could go just about anywhere quickly.
Do really wan't the entire starfleet consisting of only excelsiors?
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
you have to look at it as those who know about space and those who are just lazy and prefer this be a rpg game where there is no real travel they want the illusion of travel.

All MMO's have travel in it. real world attributes which grant the facts that one must travel to get from point A to point B. The people who wish to have instant travel are those who do not wish to emmerse themselves into the star trek universe, but play on a quick thrill aspect. they are not real trekkies or for that matter have seen a majority of the movies where the enterprise had to wait mounds of hours to get a response or travel to another sector.

To them yes i say this sector space is to small. if it was true space version aspect then you would have to make ship interiors work to cover the time you are traveling in space.
But you don't actually see them travel for hours or days.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
I can appologize for calling you a name without really knowing you. I should have said your ideas are lazy and not of character of all MMO's that are present. To that i do say sorry.
I do not know you but the ideas you present are of a lazy nature and instant gratification substance. While all MMO games try to resemble real life aspects such as travel time.

Again utilizing travel time in this game is in fact not only canon but also true to real life aspects. You are allowed to gather your fleet together. you are allowed to get your weapons out, you are allowed to get communications together. You are allowed to gather intel and function. This is the purpose of travel. These are my facts for me being against your post. I should not have let your post get under my skin of constant non trek fans wanting to change the whole game aspect.

Perhaps we can both agree that alot of functions are missing to make travel time have a purpose for certain players. We can also agree that all MMO games have travel aspect inside the game. If you know of some MMO that does not have travel please do list such a MMO.
So you wan't travel time to be hours, days and even months?