Lt. Commander
The team at Subspace Radio interviewed Executive Producer Dan Stahl and Lead Environment Artist Mike Apolis about user-generated content earlier this week. Give the interviews a listen here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-14-2010, 07:51 PM
listening to Mapolis' interview...just as awesome as expected.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2010, 03:40 AM
I love Subspace radio - will aleways remember the battle reports and eye of the tiger playing at the start of the open beta event.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2010, 04:30 AM
For some reason audio and video podcasts are the favored medium for STO interviews.

I do not want to criticize the shows...
... but would like to read more WRITTEN interviews on MMO and gaming websites and blogs.

I simply cannot listen during work or lunch break to podcasts, but I could read them. I also do not want to spend my evening watching or listening to podcasts that are often between 45-60 minutes when I come home.

Well, whatever interesting things Dan Stahl said, I will have to pass and hope for friends to tell me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
For some reason audio and video podcasts are the favored medium for STO interviews.

... but would like to read more WRITTEN interviews on MMO and gaming websites and blogs.

I simply cannot listen during work or lunch break to podcasts, but I could read them. I also do not want to spend my evening watching or listening to podcasts that are often between 45-60 minutes when I come home.

Well, whatever interesting things Dan Stahl said, I will have to pass and hope for friends to tell me.
I feel your pain, but have come up with a pretty good solution. Download the Mp3 and listen to it when your on your way to work
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Subspace Radio typically does live interviews, so converting it to a podcast later is a lot easier than going through and writing a transcript for it, especially when its an hour long like the Mike Apolis interview.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc

Our interviews are for the most part done actually live on air, the podcast is a product of us wrappign the broadcast up into a package for later listening.

Though after talking about it a bit with some of the management, we may be trying to find someone to transcribe our interviews. This way the infromation can reach a broader audiance and, just as importantly, be available to the hearing impaired.

DJ Erroch
Subspace Radio
Destination Unknown - Wed nights 7pm CST Midnight GMT
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
The dStahl interview was okay.

The Mapolis interview unfortunately was frequently drowned out by the background music. At the 8 minute mark, I got sick of straining my ear and closed the application.

...and I have to agree, I greatly prefer STOked.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2010, 04:31 PM
As Erroch said, we are looking into ways of transcribing the interviews for those that would rather read or can't hear our broadcasts, making it easier for all.

But to add on to that comment about the background music as someone else brought it up in another thread that I commented on, we do try to keep the music low or pick music we know won't be too loud that it drowns out the talking, but it can be difficult at times to make that happen or to work out that way. We will continue to work on making our interviews easier to listen too, either listening on the live broadcast or the downloadable mp3 version.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
As Erroch said, we are looking into ways of transcribing the interviews for those that would rather read or can't hear our broadcasts, making it easier for all.

But to add on to that comment about the background music as someone else brought it up in another thread that I commented on, we do try to keep the music low or pick music we know won't be too loud that it drowns out the talking, but it can be difficult at times to make that happen or to work out that way. We will continue to work on making our interviews easier to listen too, either listening on the live broadcast or the downloadable mp3 version.
Please do. I appreciate the interview, but the music if fairly annoying.