Lt. Commander
Aussie players seem to play at a time when the server is unpopulated (roughly 2-3am server time is 7pm our time).

Therefore, to increase the chances of me finding players with compatible timezones, is there a chat channel I could join?

And if there isn't, can we create one?

Note: this channel should not be exclusive to Australian players, New Zealanders and anyone else with a roughly compatible timezone would also be welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm an Australian player, we have a few in our fleet. Feel free to contact me in game
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Agreed. We always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Germans
10-15-2010, 11:04 PM
They do not have one and there the #2 Star Trek Fans in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2010, 02:09 AM
So wouldn't that be all the more reason for you to use Zone chat? You would pretty much be the majority users at that time. If you get your own channel, there'll be nobody on there. Just start chattin'.

I only bring this up because I am on at around the same time (I work off hours) and would hate to see the zone chat go totally quiet.

EDIT: Also, I don't talk in chat nearly as much as I should, so I am as much to blame for the silence.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Zone chat has one major drawback compared to Chat Channels:
It's not Global.

For example, someone talking on Sol Starbase zone chat won't be heard by someone chatting on Deep Space Nine zone chat.

Given that the players would be spread out across multiple maps, a Chat Channel is a more practical solution, because no matter where you are in the game, you can read it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Zone chat has one major drawback compared to Chat Channels:
It's not Global.

For example, someone talking on Sol Starbase zone chat won't be heard by someone chatting on Deep Space Nine zone chat.

Given that the players would be spread out across multiple maps, a Chat Channel is a more practical solution, because no matter where you are in the game, you can read it.
Aye, that is true.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-16-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chejordan View Post
Agreed. We always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to MMOs.
What is brown and sticky? ..... a stick

Sorry, Aussie humor coming out.
Lt. Commander
# 9 AusTrek
10-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I've created the channel.

It's called AusTrek

To join the channel, right click on the chat bar, click the Channels Tab, type AusTrek in the dialog box at the top, then click the Join button.

I look forward to seeing you in the channel someday.