Lt. Commander
# 21
10-16-2010, 04:43 AM
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

its a long way going from here to there
its along way to Los Gatos West Coast USA Cryptic. .
Reaching the Star takes some time
but their patching and its gonna be fine
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-16-2010, 04:43 AM
The original patch done on Thurday would have meant the "patch to fix the patch" would have happened on Friday, giving the players an uninterrupted weekend to enjoy the game.

That would demonstrate good customer consideration/service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
This is really bad timing.

It's the weekend.
In Europe (London) those times put it at 11am BST to 1PM. I always see multiple people on at this time.
Europe seems to be overlooked in a big way in all things in this game. This downtime starts smack-bang in the middle of lunch time, London, England. Morning or 2 - 3pm in other parts of Europe. All of which is prime time playing time for us Europeans. If the patch happened two - three hours earlier, so 12 -1am PST and therefore 8 - 9am GMT would it really have hurt? It would certainly accomodated more players IMO.

Also would be nice to annouce the downtimes in GMT given that GMT is generally considered +/-0 in World time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthy
just as i logged into the game launcher there was a warning of the downtime actually, instead of just hitting engage, maybe you should check out the messages in the game launcher
That is all fine and dandy except most of the messages in the game launcher are garbage. You quickly learn to stop reading them.

Furthermore that does NOT help those who were in game before they put it in the launcher.

And to add to that, as I have already posted before.. it is a common practice within the MMO world to give at least a 5 minute countdown minimum for any pending shut down of a server barring the need for an emergency shutdown, and 15 minutes to a half hour is the standard practice. It is considered Rude and Disrespectful to the customers to shut the server down w/o warning in game (again, barring an emergency shut down).

I've been playing MMO's since EQ 1 was in closed Beta (yes I was there and yes I am that old), and that has been the norm (in game warnings) rather than the exception in every MMO I have played.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthy
just as i logged into the game launcher there was a warning of the downtime actually, instead of just hitting engage, maybe you should check out the messages in the game launcher
I saw that, no need to be rude.... Just saying that some sort of warning saying that the game will go down for maint in 30 mins would be appreciated...
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Stormshade,

Roll back the exchange the last update patch made it horrible it was fine the way it was, I even sited many issues with
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=184429 in the bugs section

You guys had to mess with reverse shield polarity the only thing i had to give me a fighting chance against the Borg
The new warp out FX isn't as good as the old one either.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-16-2010, 07:19 AM
well, i have to say a little appreciation could be nice

at least cryptic acted quickly, since a lot of ppl were heavily complaining ingame abt several bugs ( exchange eg)
they realized it quick and fixed it soo ... why keep on arguing aout a not sent warning ...
if playing an mmo its always useful before starting it to read or at least have a quick overlook at the forum ... or as mentioned before reading messages in the launcher ...

so long

greets
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullamann View Post
well, i have to say a little appreciation could be nice

at least cryptic acted quickly, since a lot of ppl were heavily complaining ingame abt several bugs ( exchange eg)
they realized it quick and fixed it soo ... why keep on arguing aout a not sent warning ...
if playing an mmo its always useful before starting it to read or at least have a quick overlook at the forum ... or as mentioned before reading messages in the launcher ...

so long

greets
But Cryptic created the problem with the exchange. They changed it without me seeing one person complaining about the things they changed in the previous patch. So why the unnecessary changes to the Exchange in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post
The original patch done on Thurday would have meant the "patch to fix the patch" would have happened on Friday, giving the players an uninterrupted weekend to enjoy the game.

That would demonstrate good customer consideration/service.

Europe seems to be overlooked in a big way in all things in this game. This downtime starts smack-bang in the middle of lunch time, London, England. Morning or 2 - 3pm in other parts of Europe. All of which is prime time playing time for us Europeans. If the patch happened two - three hours earlier, so 12 -1am PST and therefore 8 - 9am GMT would it really have hurt? It would certainly accomodated more players IMO.

Also would be nice to annouce the downtimes in GMT given that GMT is generally considered +/-0 in World time.
not gonna happen, ever.

reason? population. It's rather obvious that there is a big dropoff in population once America goes to bed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
The warp-in sound doesn't give any sound to me at all. The items I wish to sell to the vendor now ask always for cunfirmation, and in cumbination with the non-stacking-selling ability (bug), it's a dubble-pain in the back to sell stuff to the vendor. I hope there will be a patch for the stack-selling-bug and the cunfirmation-window-bug very soon.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
The new warp out FX isn't as good as the old one either.
The new warp FX need top be rolled back also!!!!!! It looks choppy and sounds like a trans warp failure!!!!!

The old ones were much better!!!