Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
i thought ramming speed IS physical damage?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
I honestly would like some clarification on this myself. I'm leery about using *anything* with a -400 debuff unless I know exactly what I'm losing defense against. I mean, honestly...this is a little confusing, or, dare I say, cryptic.
Proton weapons are, as of this point, not used by any faction in the game. That said, I think it's safe to say that Devidian "ships" will probably use proton energy weapons.

So the first reward boils down to an item that will help you everywhere except in these new missions. Not bad for a one-off. Much better than getting some "subspace granades" that will be gone in an hour or two of ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Mine doesn't show up, the icon is my type 8 shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
i thought ramming speed IS physical damage?
Check the tool tips. Ramming speed is clearly listed as kinetic damage.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Check the tool tips. Ramming speed is clearly listed as kinetic damage.
so what in the world will the physical resistance be fore? Prevent the devidians from molesting our ships?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
so what in the world will the physical resistance be fore? Prevent the devidians from molesting our ships?
Thats what ive been trying to ask here

My ship is far to innocent to be molested by the blue man group.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I assume that the device was originally intended to be a ground device. Since it's a space device, they'll probably change the physical damage modifier into an energy damage modifier.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey guys,

So just a bit of clarification may be needed =)....

The physical damage will be changing shortly (sometime in the next week or 2) Nothing crazy but it will be something a bit more useful in space. SO YAY!!!!!

The Proton damage is a new damage type I have added to the game... I plan on using this when I can and when it makes since. So as of right now I would say your generally safe when using the item... being there is no proton damage coming your way.. YET!!!!! So I have added the Proton damage debuff as part of the Devidian Tech. You will learn why as the upcoming weeks release more info. It all fits in the story =). I think it does anyway... (runs off and checks with the writers!!!!)

Hope you guys like the episodes. Good luck and thanks for the feedback

Chad
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Chaddington,

I think the new device, the Subspace Field Modulator is great, but if we get any more devices in future, we're going to need at least one more device slot added to every ship type, just my opinion, as the ships were originally designed only for to use the Red Matter Capacitor, Batteries and possibly something else I don't know about.

By the way, did you create the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo?

There are at least three threads reporting that the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo is bugged, here in this section of the forum, here, and here in the Bug section of the forum.

Apparently from reading those threads, there has yet to be a response from the STO team.

Thanks for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddington
Hey guys,

So just a bit of clarification may be needed =)....

The physical damage will be changing shortly (sometime in the next week or 2) Nothing crazy but it will be something a bit more useful in space. SO YAY!!!!!

The Proton damage is a new damage type I have added to the game... I plan on using this when I can and when it makes since. So as of right now I would say your generally safe when using the item... being there is no proton damage coming your way.. YET!!!!! So I have added the Proton damage debuff as part of the Devidian Tech. You will learn why as the upcoming weeks release more info. It all fits in the story =). I think it does anyway... (runs off and checks with the writers!!!!)

Hope you guys like the episodes. Good luck and thanks for the feedback

Chad
Thanks for the clarification Chad!

You guys are doing a great job, I am looking forward to what you guys are going to be doing as the game evolves.