Lt. Commander
# 21
10-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
I think I saw it referenced somewhere in the Tribble forum, but I can't find it anymore, and wasn't sure what it said... Anyway, which captain skill does the Nebula benefit from?
same skill tree as the science retrofit.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedensuscg View Post
Im looking at a Commander in a Nebula in Sol right now???
That would be the Tier 3 version then.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
I think I saw it referenced somewhere in the Tribble forum, but I can't find it anymore, and wasn't sure what it said... Anyway, which captain skill does the Nebula benefit from?
To quote myself (and apologies for double post), I found what is probably the answer: the Retrofit Science Vessel skill. At least, that's what is mentioned in one of the many threads about the Nebula before it was released to Holodeck. I would still appreciate it if someone could confirm...
Lt. Commander
# 25 lol
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Then why are they an installed ship component? Why when I remove the impulse engine my ship movement drops to zero? Really, it IS a component that must be upgraded to increase ship performance - so it should show red impulse engine trails as it flys.
This is not to insult you but just inform you. the nebula class ship impulse engines are more or less hidden. It is a design intention. The ship is actuallly able to do various tactical menuevers better then the galaxy. regardless the ship does have impulse engines just not huge fusion reactor engines in the back but more to the point of thruster attributes. As i tried to point out in the nebula design and tribble dicussion this ship should not be a science ship because the current version was made for tactical purpose pretty much a heavy gun boat with a many function of pods. The nebula with the oval pod is for sensor purpose.

In my overall opinion cryptic should have given us the ship as with no pods. They could allow us the subscriber to buy with small micro transactions or emblems the pods to form this ship to the desired career. you would get three different ships and they make extra money rather then one transaction.

Star trek has examples of 3 different types of nebulas

1. tactical pod - uss sutherland ( triangular pod that was for greater and faster torpedo loadout
2.science pod - uss phoenix ( has an oval pod that allows for sensor sweep and sceince attributes
3.engineer pod - uss melborne ( has two smaller warp nacells. this can be smaller warp core for power

This is why in my humble opinion the marketing team should be replaced. They only know about the quick buck rather then listening to players and their concerns who know about star trek. With all due respect people have a right to their own opinion but when in terms of star trek there are facts and their are those who do not know about the ship mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Good/Smart post UFP.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
In my overall opinion cryptic should have given us the ship as with no pods. They could allow us the subscriber to buy with small micro transactions or emblems the pods to form this ship to the desired career. you would get three different ships and they make extra money rather then one transaction.

1. tactical pod - uss sutherland ( triangular pod that was for greater and faster torpedo loadout
2.science pod - uss phoenix ( has an oval pod that allows for sensor sweep and sceince attributes
3.engineer pod - uss melborne ( has two smaller warp nacells. this can be smaller warp core for power
Absolutely agree.

Devs: You have a very unique interaction and openness with your subscribers, and we enjoy it. I strongly believe that you should point the marketing/C-Store team to the forums and they will see what we, the subscribers, want and we will have better content going up. There are a lot of players with really great ideas, some which may be simple to implement and will add great value to the items that are going up for sale.

I absolutely appreciate all the hard work, but there is clearly room for improvement here. It's an opportunity that should not be passed on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
This is not to insult you but just inform you. the nebula class ship impulse engines are more or less hidden. It is a design intention. The ship is actuallly able to do various tactical menuevers better then the galaxy. regardless the ship does have impulse engines just not huge fusion reactor engines in the back but more to the point of thruster attributes. As i tried to point out in the nebula design and tribble dicussion this ship should not be a science ship because the current version was made for tactical purpose pretty much a heavy gun boat with a many function of pods. The nebula with the oval pod is for sensor purpose.

This is why in my humble opinion the marketing team should be replaced. They only know about the quick buck rather then listening to players and their concerns who know about star trek. With all due respect people have a right to their own opinion but when in terms of star trek there are facts and their are those who do not know about the ship mechanics.
Agreed wholeheartedly. Probably better to fix sooner than later (if they're going to at all). Otherwise there'll tons of griping about changes to the Nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 29 to add
10-18-2010, 11:33 AM
if the designers are brain frozen to do my above suggestion Here is my contribution to help free of charge: my three examples are below as well as other suggestion to gain back subscribers and keep those after starwars comes out.

Rear Admiral Rank T5 verions
Weapons:
4 Fore
3 Aft

Boff seats (4 Boffs, 11 Powers):
1 Cmdr Tactical
1 Lt. Eng
1 Lt Science
1 Lt Cmdr Universal

Mods:
2 Eng
2 Sci
4 Tact

4 Device Slots

750 Crew

Special ability: Fire on my mark( this ability mixed with its tactical pod allows for a yeild of torpedoes to be fired.

Weapons:
4 Fore
3 Aft

1 Lt. Tactical
1 Lt. Eng
1 Cdmr Science
1 Lt Cmdr Universal

Mods:
2 Eng
4 Sci
2 Tact

4 Device Slots

750 Crew

Special ability: Tachyon detection grid. it allows for sensor sweeps of not only cloaked ships but also detect ship weakness, upgrade of to lvl 2 of targeting sub-systems.

Weapons:
4 Fore
3 Aft

1 Lt. Tactical
1 Cmdr Eng
1 Lt Science
1 Lt Cmdr Universal

Mods:
4 Eng
2 Sci
2 Tact

4 Device Slots

750 Crew

Special ability: Give it all you got: The 2 micro atimater chambers with this pod gives the ship more power when activated. increase speed, increased engineering abilities.

this is my idea I will contribute but i feel will be lost in the post history.

Also one thing that should be allowed in this game so that you actually have function and time fillers is the fact of either using memory alpha or your own ship interior sections to increase science attributes, engineering attributes and tactical attributes. These attributes would be increaded by percentage wise as canon did demonstrate. How to do this well its simple. Using those anomolies we collect we can combine different ones together to gain higher percentages on the ship itself. When the ship is destroyed then you loose percentages. You will have to invest back into ship callibration. This allows for the market to have increased traffic. This also allows for more exploration missions to be created.

Its 9.5 months now and we still have no function with memory alpha and contributing to better our ships. We as the subscribers must let cryptic know that words alone will not make us stick around. We have heard all the so called great attributes of the future but again this is not enough. You want content. trust me do this. tons of time filler for you to build your 20 to 40 minute episodes which after they are over leave one felling empty at the end.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM