Lt. Commander
# 1 leaderboards
10-18-2010, 07:10 AM
with the talk about possible leaderboards for pvp, it occurred to me that the top Klingon players might have their character made into a statue on Qo'nos....or would that be too much epeen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
with the talk about possible leaderboards for pvp, it occurred to me that the top Klingon players might have their character made into a statue on Qo'nos....or would that be too much epeen?
Maybe. I would find it funny. Imagine everyone could get a PvP accolade with a trophy attached to it for winning or something. The look of the statue would always be of the person currently leading the leaderboards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
You do realize leaderboards are going to be as meaningless of a metric as the scoreboards in telling any story about actual skill, right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
You do realize leaderboards are going to be as meaningless of a metric as the scoreboards in telling any story about actual skill, right?
That depends on how it's implemented. It would be already brilliant if it would track the wins in PvP matches you participated in. Kills, death, damage and healing scores tend to be meaningless.

And i the end it doesn't matter how much it really tells about your quality in PvP. At least it doesn't give you points for AFKing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That depends on how it's implemented. It would be already brilliant if it would track the wins in PvP matches you participated in. Kills, death, damage and healing scores tend to be meaningless.

And i the end it doesn't matter how much it really tells about your quality in PvP. At least it doesn't give you points for AFKing.
no cuz if stats did really apply, people would only pvp premade.
And avoid pub pvp in risk of there ranking scores droping.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
Depends, Can we sublet the use of such statues out to the Feringi, have the feringi charge the feds for the priviledge of coming to Qo'nos to whine/****/moan at the statues feet?

Might as well make some monies for the KDF side of the game how ever we can.:p