Lt. Commander
# 71
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
this is getting way too off topic... chill out guys and gals.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I hate to break it to most of the KDF players who are ixnaying a FED Carrier and Battleship but there are two that exist that have been feetured in games and one I beleave is fan made but has been made cannon by fans as for the Klinks being stiffed armned I aggree with you and I hope the infusion of new stuff in the works for the KDF fixes that, but back on topic.

Fed carrier: Typhon Class: The USS Typhon (NX-85808) is a Typhon-class starship, in operation in the 24th century. Described by Captain Jean-Luc Picard as a "mobile outpost and carrier starship", the Typhon is a prototype vessel, capable of carrying 26 Valkyrie-class fighters, and armed with pulse phaser turrets and quantum torpedoes. During the Titan System Incident, the Typhon was commanded by Lieutenant Commander Worf, and was dispatched to the Titan system as an advanced scout.

plenty of Fed Fighters to choose from:
Federation attack fighter was a type of starship employed by Starfleet as an attack fighter during the Dominion War.

Type 1a Valkyries were modified with technology taken from a captured Kam'Jahtae fighter. ("Rightful Masters")

Type 2 Valkyries - also known as Valor-class variants - had heavier armor and additional weapons systems, and shared similarities with the type 1, although two large outboard nacelles were added to the spaceframe. These variants were upgraded to type 2a shortly after their initial deployment.

Type 3 Valkyries were a significant departure from types 1 and 2, with a more open spaceframe. Type 3a Valkyries were deployed towards the end of the incident.

As for a war ship, and my hope it would be added to replace the ugly Starcruisers:
The Excalibur Class

and lastly a new Defiant hull desighn for refits for those who like the Holo emiters:
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/09/2/4/6/8137172352087804.jpg] USS Incursion and its Holo-Cloak Tech. I think it be a fun ship to play as.

(Everything found on Memory Alpha.)
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm514ve View Post
Well I hate to break it to most of the KDF players who are ixnaying a FED Carrier and Battleship but there are two that exist that have been feetured in games and one I beleave is fan made but has been made cannon by fans as for the Klinks being stiffed armned I aggree with you and I hope the infusion of new stuff in the works for the KDF fixes that, but back on topic.

Fed carrier: Typhon Class: The USS Typhon (NX-85808) is a Typhon-class starship, in operation in the 24th century. Described by Captain Jean-Luc Picard as a "mobile outpost and carrier starship", the Typhon is a prototype vessel, capable of carrying 26 Valkyrie-class fighters, and armed with pulse phaser turrets and quantum torpedoes. During the Titan System Incident, the Typhon was commanded by Lieutenant Commander Worf, and was dispatched to the Titan system as an advanced scout.

Federation attack fighter was a type of starship employed by Starfleet as an attack fighter during the Dominion War.

Type 1a Valkyries were modified with technology taken from a captured Kam'Jahtae fighter. ("Rightful Masters")

Type 2 Valkyries - also known as Valor-class variants - had heavier armor and additional weapons systems, and shared similarities with the type 1, although two large outboard nacelles were added to the spaceframe. These variants were upgraded to type 2a shortly after their initial deployment.

Type 3 Valkyries were a significant departure from types 1 and 2, with a more open spaceframe. Type 3a Valkyries were deployed towards the end of the incident.

As for a war ship, and my hope it would be added to replace the ugly Starcruisers:
The Excalibur Class

and lastly a new Defiant hull desighn for refits for those who like the Holo emiters:
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/09/2/4/6/8137172352087804.jpg] USS Incursion and its Holo-Cloak Tech. I think it be a fun ship to play as.

that thing is ugly compared to the current star cruisers... looks like the designers were on drugs.
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
trying to make them more plausable I think... the ships like enterprise -entD would have just not flown in space in reality. but designing more realistic ships is not cannon.

I agree though... the klingon only players seem to have an even greater sence of entitlement than the feds...
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello,

I am primarily a Klingon faction player, and I'd be happy to see the Feds get Battleships, Carriers, and all other manner of ships.

I do want to see the new Klingon ships implemented first, simply because we have been waiting longest for variety. But once that is finished? There is no reason for me to be destructive of Federation quality of life by voting to deny them features they might enjoy. I think Klingon content needs to be prioritized in the short term, but I don't think it needs to be exclusive.

The competitiveness between Klingons and Feds needs to stay 'in game' and out of the development arena. When we Klingons get a Carrier, we should be saying, "I love this Carrier, Feds. I hope you get one to fly soon, too."

When the Feds get a new ship, we Klingons should be thinking, "Looks sweet. I can't wait to blow it up in the arena, or figure out a way to counter its X-power."

In the near future, the Klingons are getting an Orion ship, a Gorn ship, a Nausicaan ship, a refit Bird of Prey, and a refit Cruiser. That's five ships just around the proverbial corner. These exciting new ship types will keep me entertained for 3-6 months while the Feds get another ship or two, and the Mission Builder program gets ironed out. Then I expect we'll get another blast of Klingon content to keep us grinning.

No need to be selfish. I don't want to see Klingon Affirmative Action forced on the game. As long as the devs revisit the Klingons from time to time as they are doing now, there's no need to be jealous or insist on exclusivity. Not only do I want the Feds to get their Battleships and Carriers eventually, but I want to see a fully-fleshed-out Romulan faction with a nice ship menu within the next year. The poor Romulans have the smallest variety of canon ships to choose from, and I fear they will start the game with even fewer choices than the Klingons.

I mean, what Romulan ships have we seen on screen? The Scout, their Bird of Prey, the Valdore, the D'Deridex, and the Scimitar (which may be Reman built, but is very likely based on Romulan tech and research.)

Maybe some of you don't know there is a Romulan faction right now. There are Romulan-loving players forced to play as Klingons or Feds, and my heart goes out to them. They have the least content of us all!

Anyhow, let's be supportive of the other factions, and maybe they will be supportive of us.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Personally, I want a carrier or something that can deploy a Valkrie Fighter squadron or two. Those things were cool! And the Excelsior has that giant shuttle bay that looks like it can deploy a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I would like to see the feds get a decent battleship (Tier 5) instead of a carrier. Something like a deep-space battle cruiser Heres my wish list.

-Something with base weapons and shields boosted (+5 to weapons and shields or Aux and Shileds depending)
-55000 hull points or so after fully specd out
-5 BO slots (1 enisgn tact, 1 LTC tact , 1 universal LTC, 1 LT Sci, One commander Eng)
-4 Tactial /3 Eng/ 3 sci consoles
-4 fore weapons / 4 aft weapons that can mount beam arrays or cannons and torps of course
-Turn rate > a galaxy class ships turn rate please

I love the look of the Typhoon class battle cruiser you guys have.
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-19-2010, 12:35 AM
I don't disagree the sides should have move variety, and I play both sides, I don't care who gets what in what order... I just want to have fun in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 79
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Well I hate to break it to most of the KDF players who are ixnaying a FED Carrier and Battleship but there are two that exist that have been feetured in games and one I beleave is fan made but has been made cannon by fans
How can the fans make a fan-made ship canon?
Only an authorized source can do that.

Quote:
This is part of the game Star Trek:Invasion by Activision.
Games are considered non-canon and what one game company creates cannot be used by another game-company.
For this reason Activision could not use ships from Interplay's games for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm514ve

It's usually called the Peregrine Class.
In addition Runabouts could be used as well as the "Mission Scoutship" from "Insurrection".
NOTE: The name "Venture Class" is from Armada and therefore non-canon.
It would also be in comflict with the USS Venture Galaxy Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm514ve

Sorry, also Star Trek:Invasion stuff.

Quote:
The Excalibur Class
A fan design, even though a popular one.

Quote:

Activision design, not usable by Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 80
10-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAdalberto
Anyhow, let's be supportive of the other factions, and maybe they will be supportive of us.
This has nothing to do with being supportive or not - you're taking this to an entirely different angle, and one I would see as dangerous for it might create a lot of false impressions.

Just because some people enjoy things like variety or unique factions or simply canon doesn't make them un-supportive. There are plenty of ways to enrich Fed gameplay without making every faction a carbon copy of the other. Even some that go into this general direction (here's one idea I had).

It's simply a matter of opinion and preferences, not selfishness (or the absence of such). Please do not suggest otherwise.