Lt. Commander
# 41
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
poor BB, he had a good life
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I liked the last two movies. Kinda like the last Universal Soldier movie, I didn't go into it expecting anything groundbreaking. I just turned off my brain and had fun.

It's about giant talking space robots fighting each other, so it's not terribly realistic nor is it fair for me to expect realism. Throw in the Alex Rogan character, fast cars, and military hardware. Good times

I'm glad no one was seriously injured in the accident. It could have been a lot worse.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-15-2010, 12:31 AM
You forgot #8, never make all the humans the bad guy.
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I dont get what people have against these movies. Giant robots are punching and shooting each other. Massive explosions are happening. There is an incredibly hot chick. The Transformer's mannerisms are close to dead on. I seriously think people hate them for no reason other then everyone else is, like its the popular thing to do or something
you are just miss analyzing the issue they aren't hating the films they are hating the DIRECTOR!
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Everyone is blaming the cop however in this case cops CAN go through closed streets legally and even SHOULD when responding to potential emergencies and just because the street is closed doesn't mean you don't have to PAY ATTENTION TO cop sirens and give the right of way to them.

That cop siren lets you do things you wouldn't normally be able to do.
This is completely accurate.

Dealing with construction Work Zone Traffic Control on a daily basis, I can attest that almost ever state in the United States has specific rules set forth by the DOTs regarding the passage of Emergency Vehicles through closed work areas. (Movie Sets fall under these guidelines in Oregon) If a full and complete closure is required (such as for bridge construction, tunnel work, etc) then an adequate detour route has to be established and all affected police, fire and medical providers in the affected area are required to be notified of the detour route and when the detour is in effect.

To me this would appear to be either:

1) Miscommunication between the company the studio hired for traffic control and the DC Metro police

or

2) The police officer wasn't informed or forgot about the closure, and at that point, the emergency takes presedence over finding an alternate route.