Lt. Commander
# 661
10-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
Oh I agree. It was the Vor'Cha that I said which now only has subtle changes left
>.> Sorry bout that. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 662
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Okay, I found out the Gal-X hull material issue has been fixed. However, if you have a broken one that doesn't change colors (like I did) the ship needs to be decommissioned and a new one obtained from the C-Store. After that, all the pieces match when changing materials.

However, other issues (like the center engine being a direct copy of the starboard engine) and the 'fins' not quite being on the pylons remain.
Lt. Commander
# 663
10-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Well I see everyone here is pointing out issues with ship models... My largest problem in this game is sound. Make this game legitimatly sound like like star trek and I'll pay for it. It really sounds dumbed down and something I'd expect of a 90's something sega game. If you want a star trek experience it should sound like one too... They need to be punched up big time. It reminds me of an old dos game where the phasers go pew pew and torps go pooooo really dumbed down silently and everything else in the background is kind of not there too.

Ok everyone feel free to flame me.
Lt. Commander
# 664
10-15-2010, 11:18 AM
It's not a matter of flaming so much as your request as written here falling flat seeing that it's so out of context with the present subject matter. If you want to successfully crusade for sound improvements, I'd suggest you start your own thread and put your issues on the table for others to see and relate with. If the idea gets more supporters, odds are the Devs will take note of it.

Sadly, the Ship ArtDevs whom glance in here really can't help you with that, veggiemon.
Lt. Commander
# 665
10-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Couple of Defiant updates:

- The starboard nacelle isn't obviously lopsided along the ships centre line anymore (been that way for a little while now) though I think they're still not dead accurate (but close enough) looking at the joins.

- The starboard nacelle is now correctly showing the ship name again. (as of the patch today)
Lt. Commander
# 666
10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrawave View Post
Couple of Defiant updates:

- The starboard nacelle isn't obviously lopsided along the ships centre line anymore (been that way for a little while now) though I think they're still not dead accurate (but close enough) looking at the joins.

- The starboard nacelle is now correctly showing the ship name again. (as of the patch today)
Adjusted for the second, left the first in as it seems to still apply.
Lt. Commander
# 667
10-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I guess this is the place to mention this. It appears that my refit Intrepid underwent an odd color change following the recent addition of nacelle animations. There are certain parts that are set to what appear to be the default colors, even though I have my own colors selected. The parts affected seem to be the hull and saucer. I have "None" pattern selected. What is especially interesting is that on the saucer (Discovery), the top half is the default grey, while the bottom half is my selected color! This appears to be an issue with the "None" pattern.

I will update with pics as time provides, PM me if I don't in a timely fashion. I may also look into various combinations that make this happen, but that is highly unlikely.
Lt. Commander
# 668
10-16-2010, 11:56 PM
A few new sneaky Akira updates:

http://imgur.com/Ecs2Z.jpg

http://imgur.com/YjCaA.jpg

http://imgur.com/e2cRJ.jpg

http://imgur.com/BmxTL.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I guess this is the place to mention this. It appears that my refit Intrepid underwent an odd color change following the recent addition of nacelle animations. There are certain parts that are set to what appear to be the default colors, even though I have my own colors selected. The parts affected seem to be the hull and saucer. I have "None" pattern selected. What is especially interesting is that on the saucer (Discovery), the top half is the default grey, while the bottom half is my selected color! This appears to be an issue with the "None" pattern.

I will update with pics as time provides, PM me if I don't in a timely fashion. I may also look into various combinations that make this happen, but that is highly unlikely.
Some SS would be nice, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 669
10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Ran out of room on the first page for the new Akira issues list:

Akira: side by sides (Old side by sides for those who would like to compare.)
  1. Special torpedoes seem to be firing from everywhere BUT the dorsal torpedo nacelle. Tricobalt cluster torps seem to launch from the bow and heavy plasmas / rear torpedoes launch from somewhere beneath the ship.

2. The dorsal phaser arrays do not extend far enough around the saucer, the ventral phaser arrays are broken up into four strips, two along the darkened indentations between the rim and the bulge and two much smaller ones are on either side of the weapon pimple.

3. Missing Starfleet decals from ventral saucer bulge

4. Dorsal hull decals missing the ship registry

5. Aft shuttle bays 1 & 2 are too small; the doors are the incorrect shape and are not numbered

6. Central shuttle bay / Cargo doors missing.

7. There is a little nodule jutting out beneath the landing platform at the aft of the saucer that should not be there.

8. Forward fighter / shuttle launch ports / observation (or arboretum?) windows far far too tiny.

9. Dorsal Torpedo nacelle:

• Dorsal torpedo nacelle too small.

• Dorsal torpedo nacelle is too low, the angle of the strut should be increased slightly.

• The dorsal grouping of four forward torpedo tubes have only the two centre tubes textured as torpedo tubes. (Though, the textures could be removed completely and the launchers turned into actual tubes)

• The ventral grouping of three forward quantum torpedo tubes are missing.

• The aft port and starboard quarter groupings of three tubes each are missing. (I think Capnlogan would have fun with this, since he does like giving torpedoes fun angles with which to launch. ^.^ )

• The aft grouping of two torpedo tubes should not be there.

10. Aft section of engineering hulls are the wrong shape

11. Missing cargo(?) doors on aft bridge superstructure, between the two sloping "shoulders" that angle away from the superstructure.

12. Aft nacelles too long

13. Various other small, possibly inconsequential details missing
Lt. Commander
# 670
10-19-2010, 04:33 AM
I noticed a bug with the new Vor'Cha (T4) last night - the starboard (right) nacelle trail seems to be broken. When you first move it appears briefly then vanishes.

I haven't been on tribble yet (as I am at work) to see if this is present in the new tribble build and, if it is, to see if its also present in the new T5 Vor'Cha that went live to tribble yesterday - so hopefuly its just a simple bug, but thought its worth mentioning here.
Closed Thread