Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 C-store NEBULA PURCHASE..
10-19-2010, 07:35 AM
I have purchased this ship on one of my toons and for some reason ,when I switch to an alt, It says I MUST PAY 1200 cp again..I thought this was account wide purchase? not one per character..I have summited a ticket on this and wanted to cover all basis to make sure someone in Cyptic see's this..These tickets in game seem like they dont work,so I try the forums..

Is anyone else having the same problem with these purchases in the C-store?

I had no problem with other purchases in game when it came to the c-store..whats up?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I've had random glitches, nothing where I had to spend double the points though.....hmmm

Weird...........I'm sure it is account wide...not sure why it would do that ....maybe not unlocking if your not RA on a certain toon? I know rank affects it, not much else though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-19-2010, 08:10 AM
The alt that purchased the ship gets it in his inventory. If another alt wants to have the ship they need to go to the shipyard store to pick it up. You can't get it from the c-store per alt like you do the Excelsior. The shipyard store will have it waiting for any alt at no Mark cost to the captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The alt that purchased the ship gets it in his inventory. If another alt wants to have the ship they need to go to the shipyard store to pick it up. You can't get it from the c-store per alt like you do the Excelsior. The shipyard store will have it waiting for any alt at no Mark cost to the captain.
Yes..I have the Excelsior..I had no problems with it..All my toons have access to it via the cstore and are free to them..This is the only hang up..on purchase from the store that I have..

It even says in the description.."Unlocks it for all RA charcters on an account"..
So I dont think going to the ship dock to get it there is going to work.

I have to get it from the cstore in order to get it from the ship yard 1st....Its just that on my alts,it continues to say..BUY 1200..Instead of already owned like the other stuff i have..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmugato View Post
Yes..I have the Excelsior..I had no problems with it..All my toons have access to it via the cstore and are free to them..This is the only hang up..on purchase from the store that I have..

It even says in the description.."Unlocks it for all RA charcters on an account"..
So I dont think going to the ship dock to get it there is going to work.

I have to get it from the cstore in order to get it from the ship yard 1st....Its just that on my alts,it continues to say..BUY 1200..Instead of already owned like the other stuff i have..
For other toons the ship is at the ship dock for 0 cost. When you get it there the c-store purchase option will then be greyed out. From what i've read there may also be a glitch where buying it at the dock actually brings up a dialogue box asking if you wish to SELL it. Cryptic, in their infinite wisdom*tm decided to give us completely different ways to get access to different c-store ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmugato View Post
It even says in the description.."Unlocks it for all RA charcters on an account"..
So I dont think going to the ship dock to get it there is going to work.
Instead of telling me that it's not going to work why not take your alt to the shipyard store and try it? I've done it 3 times already with alts. Trust me, it works.

The system was changed from c-store per alt for this ship because the T5 Neb can be purchased at the shipyard store for Marks by those who don't buy it from the c-store. There's talk the Excelsior will also be changed to that too. When the Excelsior gets changed you'll also have to pick up the T5 version at the shipyard store rather then the c-store unlock. It's just the way their system works.

Quote:
I have to get it from the cstore in order to get it from the ship yard 1st....Its just that on my alts,it continues to say..BUY 1200..Instead of already owned like the other stuff i have..
And it will continue to say that, but as I said above, if you go to the shipyard store with an alt would can use the T5 ship you'll see it sitting there on the list of ships waiting for you to buy it, for no cost.

And just so there's no confusion by anyone reading this, I'm not talking about your shipyard list of ships. I'm talking about the store above the shipyard where you go to pick your new ships when you go up in rank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
You already can.

The big thing, is that buying it from the C-store unlocks it early, instead of at RA upper or VA, as far as I'm aware.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
You already can.

The big thing, is that buying it from the C-store unlocks it early, instead of at RA upper or VA, as far as I'm aware.
Not really. Anyone can buy the T3 with 135k energy credits. Anyone RA or higher can buy the T5 Nebula with 200 Marks, but that is per character. If you have 5 alts they all have to pay 200 Marks if they all want it. If you buy it from the c-store for 1200 CPs every RA or higher alt you have, or ever will have, can get it for free: they don't pay the Marks. They simply have to go to the shipyard store and claim it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Instead of telling me that it's not going to work why not take your alt to the shipyard store and try it? I've done it 3 times already with alts. Trust me, it works.
I'll also chime in with that it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Have you tried going to the actual in game ship store? When you buy the ship from the c-store, it will become available in the in game store for free for your alternate characters.
Old habits break hard expecting to claim it for free at the C-store, no?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Instead of telling me that it's not going to work why not take your alt to the shipyard store and try it? I've done it 3 times already with alts. Trust me, it works.
Yep your right..It worked..Its weird..because before when you bought a ship in the cstore,it would show up as AVAILABLE on your other characters cstore menu..Then you would just select it and poof, it was there in the ship store..I wish there was some notes on this transfer..If there was I must have missed it..

Thanks all for your help..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.