Lt. Commander
# 41
10-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklbry View Post
It's a sickbay where the patients/corpses are quarantined. I'm fairly sure the forcefields are not there to keep the dead in place....wait a tic! Zombie Cardassians! Zoinks!!
in the spirit of Half Life 2. . .Zombassians!
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadious
My guess would be: Cryptic fears that making a sickbay, or for that matter, main engineering usefull for purposes like purchasing hypos and such, would reduce our traveling to a starbase. The starbase is a hub of inter-gamer activity, and if no one goes there anymore, than the game LOOKs like a ghost town.

How do we solve this? Im not ready to provide a firm solution. But what I do know is that there is not very much incentive for cryptic to flesh out a section of the game (ship interiors) any further, as this would hurt more than help them.

What we need is a way to make the interior of the ship usefull without drawing people away from community interactions. help cryptic solve this problem. I know im working on it.
My solution; Make our sickbay a separate storage area for healing items (regenerators, et al), maybe a stackable square for each type of regenerator that can hold only so many. When you run out, you have to go to a Starbase to resupply. Same thing with Engineering for repair components. Might need to play around and tweak how many of these components you can carry in your inventory to give you a reason to visit these areas, but you get the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
2) What was the point in looking up the medical record of the others? To help people select what proper tool to use? When there were instructions that game with the med kit?
If you look at the medkit before reading any of the patient records, there are no tools selectable. It's only after you read each patient report and see the green text of the tool, it becomes unlocked and you know what it is and what it does.

The text in the medkit for each item is there as a reminder of the knowledge you get from reading the patient reports, but it isn't available until after you read the report.