Lt. Commander
# 51
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No, the old ones weren't better. They don't support wing animations well.
My guess is that you have no idea what we meant with Warp FX.

We're talking about the warp sound effects that now has become choppy and the light streaks effects from the engines being uglier then they were before.

We're not talking about the animated wings which were in the game before they made this last patch change.

That is why we want the old sound and lights back. Again, we're not talking about the animated wings.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Stormshade,

You guys had to mess with reverse shield polarity the only thing i had to give me a fighting chance against the Borg
Yeah, what is up with that change? Sick of the power changes! The devs majorly overcompensated with the change to reverse shield polarity but cutting down to 1/3 what it used to be.

Reverse Shield Polarity: Changed to a Category 8 ability (1:6 duration to global, 1:12 duration to recharge). Duration of ability based on version (6, 8, 10 seconds for versions I, II, III respectively). 60 second global cooldown, 120 second recharge.

Also, I am not seeing any improvement related to the changes below.

•Skill Tree:
Shield strength improvement has been added to the Captain skills. The percentage improvement to shields equals the percentage improvement to hull.
Improved related captain skill contribution from 25% to 50%.
Improved maximum bonus to hull and shield strength from captain skills to 30% with all related captain skills maxed out.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Here is an image of the change made to the warp out.

WOFX.png
WOFX2.png

As you can see in the image the impulse engine FX has not been changed.