Lt. Commander
# 61
04-18-2010, 05:40 AM
That was an awsome vid. Devs, if were watching that, this should be added in at least the next expansion pack. Imagine the depth that would be added to this game.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingtip-
modifier keys as in CTRL and ALT? They work just fine in voiceattack...theres a trick to programming them to work but the beta version has a fix for this that makes it easy for the average person to program that doesnt wanna research the way to program it now (which isnt really difficult), I have va working great in sto...

found it to be inferior to e-speaking from what I see

were you using the full version? What specific version were you using? Over the last month it has had at least 3 updates that i know of.
What, does everyone reading this forum work for the Voice Attack developers or something? Every time someone asks a specific question about e-speaking someone comes back with a response relating to voice attack. I don't think I will buy Voice Attack just because of that.
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
What, does everyone reading this forum work for the Voice Attack developers or something? Every time someone asks a specific question about e-speaking someone comes back with a response relating to voice attack. I don't think I will buy Voice Attack just because of that.
Errrr, it wasnt cause he was just talking about e speaking, but when someone mentioned voice attack was inferior and couldnt do modifiers keys i had to step in and confirm thats a wrong accusation because it dam well does.... so get off your high horse... both programs have their pluses and minus's... Everyone keeps saying va wont do combos and it does... and it gets updates a hell of a lot more often than espeaking as the guy doing va is a gamer himself and reads his forums everyday when people make requests...

if you still choose not to buy it thats your beef but the program works in sto perfect so people need to quit saying it doesnt just cause they gave up trying to program it.

http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/voiceattackdemo02.mpg
is a simple video showing but just a few of the commands i have programmed and they pretty much all have to be done using modifier keys that everyone says va cant do....
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Whatever, I want justifications less than I want Voice attack commercials.

So, does anyone have an answer regarding e-speaking?
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
That was an awsome vid. Devs, if were watching that, this should be added in at least the next expansion pack. Imagine the depth that would be added to this game.
Seriously. I use the VA one. And it adds so much depth. If they integrated this into the game.. That would simply be amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
i raise a glass to that! would love to see this ingame. My pet hate is having to click all my differnt powers while im trying to concentrate on whats going on around me in battle! if i could just say them than that would be awesome!.

If i wasnt clear im talking about the other guys video on youtube with all the real computer confirmations and beeps.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Ensign
# 68
12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
How did you get STO to recognize ctrl and alt... Whenever I try to use {Ctrldown}{8}{ctrlup} for example, and even with the numpad version, and even with the extra timing data applied... It never seems to use the ctrl function... It just presses 8... Even going by your chart letter for letter I cannot seem to get this to work. STO for some reason refuses to use the modifier buttons like ctrl and alt. Any suggestions?
Rihannsu
# 69
12-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaseta View Post
How did you get STO to recognize ctrl and alt... Whenever I try to use {Ctrldown}{8}{ctrlup} for example, and even with the numpad version, and even with the extra timing data applied... It never seems to use the ctrl function... It just presses 8... Even going by your chart letter for letter I cannot seem to get this to work. STO for some reason refuses to use the modifier buttons like ctrl and alt. Any suggestions?
Seeing as you are pretty new around here you may not know this so here is a friendly heads up. Forum posts more than 30 days old are typically considered dead and a new thread should be started. It's referred to as a necro post when an old thread gets a response, especially one years old. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Thread