Lt. Commander
# 1 Temporal Mission
10-18-2010, 04:46 AM
will there ever be a story mission with the strangeness of the year of hell episode where the enemy ships suddenly go from per warp to Hyper advaced. or a story mission that you go back to the neogenics wars and try to help fight the Genetically superiors, to stop someone that traveled back from helping them to win the war. basiclly would like to see more temporal Missions that maybe lead to a Reward of a temporal drive (PVE only that allows you to freeze time for a short period so that you and your allies can Heal up, while active the enemy can't be attacked but you can lay mines ect that will only take efffect aftertime restarts) over use of the device might draw attention from group X (temporal police someone like that) add a new intresting mission type time rather than space. even have some where you end up there acsidentally then have to try to get home but not change time taking on a identity in time that you cause to be hurt a key figure like the Past tense episode. i can guess there will be resistence to this ide but its a personal wish, i'm just woundering if anyone else had this as a wish
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_pain
will there ever be a story mission with the strangeness of the year of hell episode where the enemy ships suddenly go from per warp to Hyper advaced. or a story mission that you go back to the neogenics wars and try to help fight the Genetically superiors, to stop someone that traveled back from helping them to win the war. basiclly would like to see more temporal Missions that maybe lead to a Reward of a temporal drive (PVE only that allows you to freeze time for a short period so that you and your allies can Heal up, while active the enemy can't be attacked but you can lay mines ect that will only take efffect aftertime restarts) over use of the device might draw attention from group X (temporal police someone like that) add a new intresting mission type time rather than space. even have some where you end up there acsidentally then have to try to get home but not change time taking on a identity in time that you cause to be hurt a key figure like the Past tense episode. i can guess there will be resistence to this ide but its a personal wish, i'm just woundering if anyone else had this as a wish
Ermm.... You want more temporal missions? That's what we are getting soon anyway with episode 4 of the current series and you want a time-freezing reward?

Sorry, in an MMO an ability like that wouldn't work!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 07:06 AM
your right of corse but i'm glad to hear more temporal missions are on there way maybe a Reward of old Bridges and other items from the past would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-18-2010, 07:10 AM
and i was really hopping for a whole story with section 31 and there temporal drive technology stopping a group from damaging the past or stopping someone like the protaganist in year of hell from trying to change the future because of something that happened in the pass
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-18-2010, 07:39 AM
My fingers are crossed for Series 2 to be VERY Section 31 centric. I thought they were one of the more interesting and thought provoking villains of DS9 and ENT becuase however bad they seem, however questionable they are... if they really did exist, I would definately side with them

Defending the citizens of the Federation, by any means neccessary
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
My fingers are crossed for Series 2 to be VERY Section 31 centric. I thought they were one of the more interesting and thought provoking villains of DS9 and ENT becuase however bad they seem, however questionable they are... if they really did exist, I would definately side with them

Defending the citizens of the Federation, by any means neccessary
you and me both there good in there own way caring about the lives of federation citizens over that of the non federation citizens willing to commit genicide to stop the dominion war, what Great people, if they where to really exsit :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey with UGC (User Generated Content) coming up, you'll be able to script your own missions. We don't know EXACTLY what the limitations of the tools are going to be but with some creative thought and playing around with the tools, you might be able to make something like this work
Lt. Commander
# 8 temporal missions
10-21-2010, 07:20 AM
They are common story arc in Star Trek. Would love to see them use The Guardian Of Forever again. There is a hole list of ones they have not delt with as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Yes
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
I posted sort of the same thing a few days ago.It was a list of idea's I put down after reading the engineering report. I would love to see more time traveling missions. 'd like to get lost n time, meet familiar people, like Captain Sisko and Quark. That would be awesome. I have about 30 or 40 Star TreK books. Last night I thought it would be great if they got into those and kind of suited missions after some of the books. I don't know if they can but that would be cool. Back to the time travel deal though, I want to visit familiar times and places... that would be awesome. The weapon idea is cool too, i think it could work.