Lt. Commander
# 1 I am sick and tired of...
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Being accused of being a hacker, a cheater, exploiting the game, glitching, using broken skills, etc...

Stop QQing and learn how to play the game!

- Aytanhi

>
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2010, 02:38 AM
huh?

well if your using the OP tactic known as "Teamwork" in PvP, then i suggest you stop it. it is h4x

it needs a serious nerf
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2010, 02:53 AM
And i'm sure people are sick and tired of people who say learn to play. It's arrogant and patronzing and doesnt address the issues of people who genuinely feel there is a problem with the game. They voice legitimate concerns, get Learn to Play shoved in their faces and respond by calling players cheats and hackers.

So, stop cheating and hacking and learn to play properly :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
And i'm sure people are sick and tired of people who say learn to play. It's arrogant and patronzing and doesnt address the issues of people who genuinely feel there is a problem with the game. They voice legitimate concerns, get Learn to Play shoved in their faces and respond by calling players cheats and hackers.

People aren't cheating or hacking. Some people do indeed need to learn to play. Some people learned enough to know that there are aspects of the game that could be better.

A game can be perfectly balanced and still create bad gameplay. It could be mind-numbingly slow, too fast, too chaotic, too random, hard to get into, too shallow and many more (say hi to what Rothnang calls the 3 crapfactors).
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:

The problem with people, is they think they are the best at this game and cannot see how other players are doing so much better than they are. So they resort to calling them cheats and hacks.

Legitimate genuine concerns are

1.Players that go AFK in matches.
2.Players that log out right before they die.
3.Vanishing mouse cursors.
4. Spawning in the same location.
5. 20 minutes into a match with 0 damage and 0 heals on both sides.

Not a legitimate genuine concern is

1. Individual players sucking at the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Being accused of being a hacker, a cheater, exploiting the game, glitching, using broken skills, etc...

Stop QQing and learn how to play the game!

- Aytanhi

>
No no no no no, we need the Feds to remain ignorant to the game so that Klingon pugs can continue to roll

In all seriousness though, I don't like seeing people get accused of cheating, particularly because normally those making the accusations are just terrible players who were already dead when the match started and just didn't know it yet. Sadly though the QQing will not end anytime soon.......
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:

You ever been in a PvP Fleet premade where everyone knows how to actually do the best for his team to succeed? Because if you ever been part of such you would know how much fun it is to play pvp. Im currently running lots of pugs and the ammount of bad pvpers grows instead of decreasing... seems exactly what Aytanhi says ->Quote:"The problem with people, is they think they are the best at this game and cannot see how other players are doing so much better than they are." <- And in feeling the are the best of the best in game they dont improve ,they stagnate at the level of skill they are at. There are so many things you need to know how to handle them and with each patch some things change so that if you dont learn how to use something and how to counter something continously youre going to get worse and worse in pvp and others that might have adapted will roll that kind of players which in return cant udnerstand why and some of them start thinking it would be exploiting or haxing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Ego, the bane of MMO'sl. It really is sad that, rather than ask questions or work herder on your own and with your team, people choose to hunker down in a last ditch effort to save their ego and accuse people of hacking.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to bend your ear sometime because the only hax I can get to work relatively well are my "Log-on-as-Klink" hax. I need to figure out what program you are using...
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
People aren't cheating or hacking
well unless you are actually doing it, or been there when someone is doing it (ie you can see their computer and what they are doing) then we just don't know. I can only think of one thing that makes me think people might be cheating and that is seeing my hull go down but not my shields. This only happens when one particular player is present. Never happens any other time, so I have to question what hes doing, because his damage never shows up in my combat logs, my shields never go down, but my hull does.

I just through in the word hax when certain other people are on line because they get the hump over it.

Quote:
A game can be perfectly balanced
Name one? this certainly isnt, Wow isnt, **** isnt, WAR isnt. Its a bloody hard thing to do and you get the same all the time, those on the winning side declaring as loudly as possible that everything is fine and those losing suck at playing. Which is just garbage.

Quote:
Ego, the bane of MMO'sl. It really is sad that, rather than ask questions or work herder on your own and with your team, people choose to hunker down in a last ditch effort to save their ego and accuse people of hacking.
Ego, the bane of MMO's. It really is sad that, rather than acknowledge genuine problems with the game, you choose to patronize and belittle people to inflate your ego by calling people noob and telling them to Learn to Play.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Name one?
Well, let's say it "could be perfectly balanced". Any game of significant complexity to be interesting usually isn't. But in some cases it's close enough it doesn't matter, since we don't have players always making the best possible decision. Paper/Scissor/Rock is 100 % fair, but not exactly interesting. Certainly nothing to pay 15 $ per month.