Lt. Commander
# 61
10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
i'm just hopin it gets fixed cause i'm havin hard time lvl up my fed with out the clusters (along with my klink)
Lt. Commander
# 62
10-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Tells me everything I need to know right there.
QFT

<10 Char
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I may be way off the mark here, and if so sorry........

but arent empire defense missions the same as cluster missions? if they are handled in the same way (ie by the patch server) i dont know if its important to mention that empire defense missions work fine.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Is it me or is there more updates about problems and issue's then positive statements...
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-21-2010, 01:56 PM
i have posted this on another thread, i would like stormshade to see.

stormshade- thank you, with the problem could it have anything to do with the fact that on october 11 patch update there was a reacurring patch that wouldnt go away. even with the new patches from the 15 and 16 of october the 11th patch was still updating. it was still updating this morning and afternoon. could this problem have escalated to the issues that we are experiencing know?
# 66
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Just tried to start the client and am getting a small window which states,

"Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting x times"

X is now at 7.

Hope this is sufficient info from the user side.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Actually Stormshade I had to patch the launcher today when I logged into STO and CO. And I was playing them yesterday/last night about 3-4 am MST. B'tran missions were working fine then. In response to your comment about new or very old customer who hasn't logged in, in a while. I donno if that means anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Thanks everyone! Your information is incredibly helpful!

I'll make sure it gets sent along.

I want to thank you all again for your continued patience while we work on this. We're working as hard as we can, and I'll make sure to keep you all updated until this issue is resolved.

Please continue to provide more information if you have it, and let us know if anything changes.

Ok, so you're trying to update the launcher. I'm assuming you are either a new customer or are coming back after not having played for some time.

The issue you're having is related to the patch server difficulties we're having right now. We are aware of this, and are working to resolve the issue as swiftly as we can for you.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 68
10-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YChild
Is there any will to know when this will be fix? I think everyone would like to know. Being bumped from an exploration mission right at the very beginning sucks.
We're working on this issue as quickly as we can, but I don't have an ETA to give out at this time. Please remember computers are funny things at times, and it can be difficult to say exactly when a problem will be resolved.

I could say that we expect it to be up in 5 hours and get an e-mail 5 minutes later saying it's back up, or vice versa. So, the best I can say remains, "We are working to resolve these issues as fast as we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Soooo

Will there be discounts and prizes and stuff for the toleration of this failure?

I mean we are paying to play so when we can't play we shouldn't pay.

They should meter MMO's that way we wouldn't be paying for maintenance all the time.
As the vast majority of the game is still available for you to play, no. I understand this is an annoyance, but only one feature is currently not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
i have posted this on another thread, i would like stormshade to see.

stormshade- thank you, with the problem could it have anything to do with the fact that on october 11 patch update there was a reacurring patch that wouldnt go away. even with the new patches from the 15 and 16 of october the 11th patch was still updating. it was still updating this morning and afternoon. could this problem have escalated to the issues that we are experiencing know?

On the good news front:

Players who were unable to patch Star Trek Online and login to the game should be able to do so now, however, patches may take longer then usual to download.

Star Cluster missions are still being worked on. I will continue to keep you all updated in this thread.

Bad News:

Since some people are continuing to have arguments in this thread I am closing this thread for comments. I will still be able to continue to update you in this thread even with it closed, so please keep your eyes here for further updates.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 69 Another Update!
10-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Update: We have identified the problem, and are currently in the process of repairing the problems with the patch server.

In order to solve this properly it is going to require a decent amount of time, so we as that you continue to be patient with us while we work on correcting these problems for you. Things will be continuing to improve moving forward, and we will update this thread again once Star Clusters become available once more.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 70 Reolved
10-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to report that I just received word that all of these issues are now resolved. So you should once again be able to explore star clusters to your heart6's content!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread