Lt. Commander
# 1 bird of prey battle damage?
10-20-2010, 03:07 PM
i was wondering if birds of prey break appart when they are destroyed or if i just got a weird glich thing

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/brokenwing.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I noticed that a few times as well, though it seems to be pretty random.

I for one think it's cool - if only it'd also still have the battle damage textures.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello,

I agree with Valias, the Bop breaking apart when it is destroyed is very cool.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
YEa I like the way the wing breaks off its very cool but i think still pretty glitchy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
YEa I like the way the wing breaks off its very cool but i think still pretty glitchy.
The pets for the carrier do this. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I think it adds a nice touch to a fairly anti-climatic explosion. If the bits got a bit more of a push off from the explosion it would be pretty impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I think it adds a nice touch to a fairly anti-climatic explosion. If the bits got a bit more of a push off from the explosion it would be pretty impressive.
Also, more bits and pieces - ripped apart with serrated edges and burn marks, not so "clean" as if it was only a broken toy. Might be asking for too much, though. Maybe some day!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Also, more bits and pieces - ripped apart with serrated edges and burn marks, not so "clean" as if it was only a broken toy. Might be asking for too much, though. Maybe some day!
Yup, some gfx cards would not handle it, and they would burn out or they would just seize up, gasp, and die...STO has a way of doing that to cards.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Yup, some gfx cards would not handle it, and they would burn out or they would just seize up, gasp, and die...STO has a way of doing that to cards.
Hmm, it shouldn't be a hardware issue as it's just a modified model (dented parts) and modified textures. We already have the damage textures - they just seem to get "wiped clean" when the ship breaks apart.

But it'd take some developer resources that are needed elsewhere, I'd wager.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Hmm, it shouldn't be a hardware issue as it's just a modified model (dented parts) and modified textures. We already have the damage textures - they just seem to get "wiped clean" when the ship breaks apart.

But it'd take some developer resources that are needed elsewhere, I'd wager.
Meh, that's probably the issue right there....they have their time divided in days of the week ...fed, fed, kdf, fed, fed, kdf, fed...get the picture?...lol