Lt. Commander
# 21
10-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Certainly not the only one mate, but the nacells and mission pod section fit very nicly with the rest as a normal Vor'cha IMO.

I like that it unlocks for both the tier 4 and 5 versions too and while normally I would be of the same opinion as many people in this thread (I.E. should be free since the KDF lack so much customisation already) I decided to purchase it in the hope that It will show the Devs that there are players in the KDF that appreciate their work, as small as it has been compared to the feds. My logic, show the devs people want what they are offering, ergo show them the KDF is worth working on in the hope that not everything will end up in the store.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
I think it's brilliant looks like the love-child of a Negh'Var and a Vorcha ^_^

As for paying for it... c'mon guys, it's 160 points - it's a fricken Lv 5 cruiser and we only have to pay 160 cryptic points - whereas the Nebula and the Excelsior and VARIOUS refit-designs for the feds are WAY more costly than that that

Cryptic had to charge SOMETHING for an extra skin - just good business sense - IMHO, since they had to charge something, I'm glad they charged so little for it

I'm gonna get it
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Seems like your sending the message that you are fine with the idea of paying for what should be free.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I'll admit it could backfire and send that message. Either way though we should end up with more options.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
While more options is usually a good thing I don't think it will be in this case. I already think that cryptic are being unbelievably greedy with the stuff that they are charging for. If they keep this up we will have to pay for the game and then pay to have the content added that should already be there. Its all well and good saying the c store is mostly cosmetic, but when you give people such a poor selection to begin with I don't think that argument stands up.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Well you guys want to be equal to the Feds. Feds pay C-store points for Vanity ship costumes. We've all heard it before, the C-Store stuff is a separate money flow.

So either they throw some things to the KDF too, or its only Fed stuff and any new Klingon items will be "as they get time"

Up to you (Its not really, its only up to you if you get all angry about it)

If life was "fair" maybe they should make these "free" until each KDF ship has 2 alternatives. But life isn't fair, and Cryptic isn't a charity.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Whose to say what should be free anyway? We didn't make the stuff - a lot of us didn't even test the stuff - and Cryptic has to make a living as does anyone else... especially with the economy the way it is.

If things weren't so tight I don't doubt a LOT less would be on the store. However, considering that 500 cryptic points (enough to buy three of these) cost - in excess - about 6.25 (god help us no!) I don't think they're ripping us off so much as asking for some reimbursment that will go to help the company as WELL as the game
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Love it!

I used:
Saucer
Body
Mission pod

Now my Vorcha slooks slick and mean , well done Cryptic its awsome , best ingame so far

PS
Although i do agree it should be ingame for free , its a really big joke really , although it is very cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
So Klingons have to pay to get the same amount of ships that Fed get for free(in game)? Absolutely hilarious...
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-22-2010, 07:05 PM
As others have asid it is at least cheap, only $2. I pay more than that for a bottle of coke that lasts me a couple of hours.

So yes while it should be free, its hardly a bank breaker.