Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshaw View Post
this has got to be the most whiner filled community Ive ever seen.
NOOO how dare you say something like that. I dont pay a monthly sub for nothing you know!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
NOOO how dare you say something like that. I dont pay a monthly sub for nothing you know!!!!
who knew nerd rage could be so entertaining?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
10-23-2010, 11:34 AM
*Has a massive Heart Attack* What in the world is that thing? Uhmm just going to say it looks like....... That is all!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
10-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshaw View Post
this has got to be the most whiner filled community Ive ever seen.
Irony is funny
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I would just be happy if they made more Klingon non-PVP quests. I'm stuck at Commander 5, with nothing but PVP quests, and guess what, nobody ever participates in PVP, so it's impossible to get anywhere. Why would anyone play Klingon when they can't advance?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Selling ship skins for ships which already have 3 options -> I'm fine with that
Selling a ship skin for a ship with ONLY 1 default skin -> bad move... there should be 3 options for every ship in the game for free (like for federation ships).
Even the Negh'var and some other klingon ships got a 2nd skin for free... now you start to sell even the 2nd one... REALLY BAD MOVE!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
10-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
True, but this is a ship skin not a new ship. The ship, which is little more than an assault cruiser from fed side, now allows Klingons five different ships to choose from at end game. This is more akin to having to buy the options for the Assault Cruiser.



Feds have a larger base of options. No one in this thread has put forth the argument that players of the Klingon faction should never be required to purchase items.



Please, characterizing a different viewpoint as "rage" isn't helpful to the discussion. It characterizes your opposition as being childish and unthinking, yet those making an opposing argument recognize such a tactic for being the inability to actually put forth an argument that it is.

I help fund the Klingon faction every month through my subscription fee and my purchase of C-Store items. If anyone thinks this item goes to a special Klingon fund then I believe they misapprehend the situation. The Klingon faction is meant to be a second viable faction, yet in reality the current state of Klingon gameplay is appropriate for an alpha or early beta of this rushed game. What is at issue here isn't the C Store but the fact that Klingon content is being released in a pay form when the faction remains woefully underdeveloped.



I definitely agree that the future is looking brighter than the present for the faction. I'll reserve praising the company for fleshing out the faction until after that has actually happened. Some new ships, even if it seems they are little more than repackaged Federation ships, are appreciated. However, this future addition in no way changes the fact that the Federation faction has many ship customization options available while the Klingon faction has very few.



Sure you do. Characterizing one group in the discussion as "whiners" is your decision to both interrupt and insult others.



Your argument is that if we do not purchase the Vorcha skin included here we will not receive additional Klingon content. I don't think that's at odds with the other arguments presented, however. I agree that if no one purchases it Cryptic may not add more. I do know, however, that if everyone does purchase it (and I suspect they will) then the company will continue to ask Klingon players for more money to update the faction to a status less than what the Federation had at launch. The income stream from game purchase, monthly subscription, and other C Store purchases should already be a reasonable compensation for continuing to develop the other faction.

Finally...someone who gets the point!!!! yay for critical thinking
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
10-23-2010, 03:49 PM
I got it, and i found that the two parts with the triangles on it are not even attached to the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
10-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemex View Post
Selling ship skins for ships which already have 3 options -> I'm fine with that
Selling a ship skin for a ship with ONLY 1 default skin -> bad move... there should be 3 options for every ship in the game for free (like for federation ships).
Even the Negh'var and some other klingon ships got a 2nd skin for free... now you start to sell even the 2nd one... REALLY BAD MOVE!
This is the heart of the matter.

The die is cast; if this maneuver is successful, the chance of KDF (or Romulan, or whatever eventually comes, or future Starfleet) ships getting any customization at all without premium fees (not free, nothing in the game is free) will be negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
I got it, and i found that the two parts with the triangles on it are not even attached to the ship.
Oh and THAT is truly hilarious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Good to see the Klingons getting a bit more love.

Like others however, I'm a little torn over whether this should be free or in the store when the gross difference in shinies between the factions is considered.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 AM.