Lt. Commander
OK I just wanted to say A Klingon who uses his cloak especially the BoP pilots are not cowards.

I mean you can call me one all you want but at the end of the battle when I have only died once and gotten 10 to 20 kills. You might think again about what you think is cowardly. Good warriors use the tools at hand to win the battle. A coward runs from battle a Klingon uses cloak to hit and run you to death. I know first hand how frustrating it can be but get over it.

The reason I say this is because I have had at least 6 people in one day call me a coward for using the powers given to me.

I was in a match last night that started out pretty badly we were down something like 10 to 3. I had only died once but we were having a hard time breaking the fed ball. Well finally we were able to break the ball and soon we were dropping them quickly. We ending up winning 15 /14. Then out of no were I'm being called a coward because every time they tried focus firing on me I would take off and cloak then come back and lay another Alpha strike on them.

So to sum up, calling Klingons cowards when you get your ass handed to you is not a good way to show you have a clue,
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Some of these cruisers always want your little ship to play them on their terms, as if you are a cruiser too. If someone is ducking out and you can't stop them, then that's on you. Lord knows I've been chased down and made to regret my poorly timed retreats. I can't figure out who decided it was better to hang around and get blown up rather than pull back and try again. I love the frustration that comes with these /zones and /tells.

It's like, if I can't kill you I'm at least going to try to hurt your feelings.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Cloaking is overrated. I mostly use it for the damage bonus, but I'm frequently too lazy and/or overconfident to even bother with it
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Cloaking is overrated. I mostly use it for the damage bonus, but I'm frequently too lazy and/or overconfident to even bother with it
I dont think so but Im using the Battle cloak which is great for losing lock. Of course you have to use it at the right time. which is either out of range of the enemy (10k) or when you can get a space object between you and your target or when you have a strong hull buff that will keep you from having your hull destroyed from the last shots before they loss lock.

There is no better way to drop target locks and the 15% damage bonus is nice as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
OK I just wanted to say A Klingon who uses his cloak especially the BoP pilots are not cowards.

I mean you can call me one all you want but at the end of the battle when I have only died once and gotten 10 to 20 kills. You might think again about what you think is cowardly. Good warriors use the tools at hand to win the battle. A coward runs from battle a Klingon uses cloak to hit and run you to death. I know first hand how frustrating it can be but get over it.

The reason I say this is because I have had at least 6 people in one day call me a coward for using the powers given to me.

I was in a match last night that started out pretty badly we were down something like 10 to 3. I had only died once but we were having a hard time breaking the fed ball. Well finally we were able to break the ball and soon we were dropping them quickly. We ending up winning 15 /14. Then out of no were I'm being called a coward because every time they tried focus firing on me I would take off and cloak then come back and lay another Alpha strike on them.

So to sum up, calling Klingons cowards when you get your ass handed to you is not a good way to show you have a clue,
What if they stay cloaked for 20 minutes without decloaking after a match begins?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
What if they stay cloaked for 20 minutes without decloaking after a match begins?
You do know there are ways to find cloaked ships now?

Federation players form the fed ball and just sit there and expect the klingon's to attack them.
Well guess what klingon's get sick of having to play the same dam game every time.

You have the nebula class now, you have sci ships why dont you come find us or is that to much work for you. I know it makes you nervous to leave the safety of the fed ball but sometimes you going to have to do more then just expect Klingon's to charge in giving you nice big targets when we decloak.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:

Federation players form the fed ball and just sit there and expect the klingon's to attack them.
Well guess what klingon's get sick of having to play the same dam game every time.

You have the nebula class now, you have sci ships why dont you come find us or is that to much work for you. I know it makes you nervous to leave the safety of the fed ball but sometimes you going to have to do more then just expect Klingon's to charge in giving you nice big targets when we decloak.
(Fixed for grammar, spelling, and content)

You do know that that detection grid and sensor has a limited range?

Klingons just stay cloaked and expect the federation to run around in completely separate directions.
Well I guess that the federation got sick of having to play the same (Censored for your safety) game every time.

You have the cloak now, you have ships with cannons, why don't you come decloak and attack us, or is that too scary for you? I know it makes you nervous to leave the safety of cloak, but sometimes you're going to have to do more than just expect the federation to run around in separate directions giving you nice big single targets for 5 klingons to shoot at when they decloak.

P.S. You do know why klingon vs klingon pvp is dead right?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:

i get at most 15 seconds of cloak detetection at 10-12 km away. when you can sit and watch up to 25km away and wait for that too end (can only get that once every 2 minutes) then get back within firing range.

i dont mind cloaking, i love finding klingons, but if your not near me i cant find you. what do i do then? wander off alone all by myself in t he hopes of bumping into a klingon player thats not paying attention to the big disk flying his way? and also hope that group im with can get to me in time to help me when i get ambushed for wandering away from the ball?

please, enlighten me with your mighty words of wisdom. -grabs a pen and paper and waits-
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
If we are not near you then maybe you should move.

The problem is the feds think its the job of the Klingon to just dive in and die for your enjoyment but sorry this is a game and sometimes you have to work for you chance at a kill.

The federation is stronger ship for ship and their defenses are stronger it is not always in the best interest of Klingon's to just focus fire on one ship in the ball because you and I both know they can be defended from the worst fire storms the Klingon's can bring. So instead of just playing the same boring, can the Klingon break the fed ball game , why don't the feds try using a few more powers that they have and actually try hunting the Klingon's for once.

Sure you might have to send out more then one scout and there is a good chance one of them might die but there is also the chance that they will find at least one Klingon and will be able to take them down or keep them out of cloak (side note: there are powers that keep a cloak from working.) long enough for your beloved fed ball to get there and take down those Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
If we are not near you then maybe you should move.
The Klingons are usually nearby and the smart ones stay out of range of cloak detection. The Klingons are watching us so if the Fedball moves, then the Klingons compensate accordingly.