Lt. Commander
# 11
10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
G15 & qbinds
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys some great posts so far with tons of usefull tips.

Here is another little trick that many know but might be useful to hear about.

Using High Yield Torp I II or III, if you hit high yield and then wait tell the timer is close to over before you fire it then you can fire a Second High Yield seconds after the first one which can really improve your Alpha strike damage.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-23-2010, 03:45 PM
The same can be done with beam overload.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Heres a big tip... plan your build.

Have a plan for your Alpha...

Have a plan for the middle of a battle... ie Resists

Have a plan to remove yourself from a battle if needed

IE
Beta for attack Delta for middle of battle... emergency to engines to escape

Rapid 3 Beta 2 ALpha... Rapid 1 Delta 1 Presure... repeat
Lt. Commander
# 15 Excellent Information!
10-23-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm a Science Vice-Admiral, and while this means I often times end up respawning more then most in PvP matches, it also has required me to focus on developing piloting skills and attack strategies. Thanks for all the useful info!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-24-2010, 03:38 PM
very helpful for me who likes pvp, but less than 100 episode experience. i have a hard time deciding to flee, but i think that may be from the total lack of that need in pve. subnuclbeam is a sci captain only skill isn't it???
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlefraggle View Post
very helpful for me who likes pvp, but less than 100 episode experience. i have a hard time deciding to flee, but i think that may be from the total lack of that need in pve. subnuclbeam is a sci captain only skill isn't it???
Hi RazzleFraggle,

Yes SNB is a sci char only ability. It was really just an example of timing that I had just used a little while before I had written this.

Another example comes from a PvP match we had last night. I was in a private match against all VAs and MGs and I was only a Captain 4 so I knew I couldn't really do much in the way of really killing so I decided to practice my hit and run tactics.

Well at one point I had dived in for the attack and they started nuking me so I hit power to engines then Evasive Maneuverer. Well all was going well but one of the other team started following me and I couldn't get the distance to cloak safely. Fortunately my Jam Sensors was up so I was able to hit the guy following me with it which gave me the time to cloak and get the hell out of dodge.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
nice, appreciate the info/desription!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Here's a tip that many don't realize (surprisingly): On your skills screen, in the top right, there's a dropdown box that contains all your player, ship, and BO abilities. When you select an ability in the list, it will highlight which skill boxes affect it. Some skill boxes affect specials that are not obvious from the description, so this can help you stack your most important specials.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atemporal View Post
Here's a tip that many don't realize (surprisingly): On your skills screen, in the top right, there's a dropdown box that contains all your player, ship, and BO abilities. When you select an ability in the list, it will highlight which skill boxes affect it. Some skill boxes affect specials that are not obvious from the description, so this can help you stack your most important specials.
Yes this is a great one.

Unfortunately it only works for powers you have. If there is a site that does the same thing so I could plan out future builds that would be really awesome.