Lt. Commander
# 211
10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
From the screen snapshots Dan released, it looks like you will be able to edit published missions (this is a conclusion from the text "There are unpublished changes").

There might be other tools, but from the snapshots it doesn't look like the tools have any support for complicated logic (e.g., timers, examination of the player's inventory, etc). That doesn't mean there's no support, from the "story" snapshot you can obviously trigger events based on dialog, location, object interaction, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 212
10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapgun View Post
I apologize if this has already been listed above (its a long post and I couldn't read it all just now).

One basic feature I would like to see is the ability to make a mission *fail* if the player kills to many of something. This would allow us to make stealth missions where the player must infiltrate a base or get to a planet without being spotted by enemies. Ideally this idea should also be extended to include scanning as well, so you could make puzzles which the player can fail if they end up scanning too many of the wrong thing.

-- Z
I completely agree, i think it is something that should and will be in the UGC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarbasePrime
From the screen snapshots Dan released, it looks like you will be able to edit published missions (this is a conclusion from the text "There are unpublished changes").

There might be other tools, but from the snapshots it doesn't look like the tools have any support for complicated logic (e.g., timers, examination of the player's inventory, etc). That doesn't mean there's no support, from the "story" snapshot you can obviously trigger events based on dialog, location, object interaction, etc.
Oh yeah, though it appears that the UGC in which they are showing us in images isn't everything and don't want to give away too much in part to the entire thing.
Lt. Commander
# 213
10-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
... it appears that the UGC in which they are showing us in images isn't everything and don't want to give away too much in part to the entire thing...
What value is there in keeping it secret? It's not like building hype on it will make us any more rabid, we've been there for months already....

Seriously though, I'd like to see a draft tutorial released so we can start reading through it to get an idea of what it can do and what it is going to take to build missions. I can tell from the screens released it'll be relatively easy to place enemy ship encounters. But, what I want to understand is how hard is it going to be to tell a story?
Lt. Commander
# 214
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
What value is there in keeping it secret? It's not like building hype on it will make us any more rabid, we've been there for months already....

Seriously though, I'd like to see a draft tutorial released so we can start reading through it to get an idea of what it can do and what it is going to take to build missions. I can tell from the screens released it'll be relatively easy to place enemy ship encounters. But, what I want to understand is how hard is it going to be to tell a story?
Ah, who knows but the images weren't also hi res in image either.
Lt. Commander
# 215
10-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Nice! Looks like the forums will soon be updated to support the Foundry! Yippee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
...we are setting up a Foundry forum section ...
Lt. Commander
# 216
10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Nice! Looks like the forums will soon be updated to support the Foundry! Yippee!!
Awesome, i cant wait.
Lt. Commander
# 217
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
No one need wait any longer for the Forum to have a special UGC section, it's here!