Lt. Commander
# 11
10-26-2010, 04:39 AM
The scheduled meowntenance times are always from 12:00 to 14:00 European time (10:00 to 12:00 British time), they never change unless it's an express meowntenance such as that long one with those many bugfixes and then it was specially announced. This meowntenance is just as normal as any other, and it's at the same time as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
The scheduled meowntenance times are always from 12:00 to 14:00 European time (10:00 to 12:00 British time), they never change unless it's an express meowntenance such as that long one with those many bugfixes and then it was specially announced. This meowntenance is just as normal as any other, and it's at the same time as usual.
Indeed but that is not what is says and moreover the error was pointed out last night
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Yeah the maintenance is usually at noon here in Europe. Some times they might do quick fixes that are done when the fix is ready. It's funny that folks at Cryptic cant really get the correct UTC times on the posts
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Anyway, I just hope that small recurring patch (1.5 MB or so) will also disappurr from now on. It just gives me the impression that something isn't going right and might be the source of a new bug, so yeah ... when that small recurring patch is gone after the first download, I am even happier.

I am still worried about one thing though: They said the forced bulk selling has been fixed ... however, what about the mark exchange, the emblem shops and the badge shops? No word about those, so I hope those are fixed simeowltaneously.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
This make no sense. Moreover it was pointed out last night that 3 AM PDT to 5 AM PDT is not 8 PM UTC to 10 PM UTC, so how hard it is correct this?
You'd think it was rocket science really wouldn't you? To be honest I wish they'd just put out one time zone (UTC - Coordinated Universal Time funnily enough) and work from that. Failing that put a link in each post to something such as http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

It really is that simple, it's so frustrating that something like this is so regularly cocked up - it's beyond funny now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
All I would like to know is if the special item vendors will be selling stuff to you properly again after the patch. Thank you.

As for my hopes: Please no new bugs after this patch, we've had it three times in a row before, so it would be nice if there would be a bug-free play time at least before Season 3 release in early December. ^^
bug free play time that's a joke.

Rules of online gaming - No game is bug free

Quote:
Originally Posted by david26th View Post
You'd think it was rocket science really wouldn't you? To be honest I wish they'd just put out one time zone (UTC - Coordinated Universal Time funnily enough) and work from that. Failing that put a link in each post to something such as http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

It really is that simple, it's so frustrating that something like this is so regularly cocked up - it's beyond funny now.
Uh, unless you live in that time zone it's more complex than you think. All Cryptic staff are employed in california (PDT) so yeah they have to do conversions regardless of if they just posted UTC or not :p Also, they haven't messed it up in awhile (And even then it was more so people thinking GMT was BST).
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
See it as a running-gag or insider-joke. I can still smile about it. However, I wish the servers would come up a bit before 14:00 ... I have to leave at 14:20 and I'd like to finish that Deferi patrol I was stuck at before.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david26th View Post

People get worked up over things that honestly matter the least.

Server goes down and stays down as long as they need. So what if they get the other time wrong.

Just as are we ... they are humans who have a lot on their plate.

Besides ... Even Data was flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Lolies, it's always like that. When I have noon break, there is maintenance for exactly or more than 2 hours and when there is for once a maintenance when I have to work, it's always faster than announced (1.5 instead of 2 hours etc.) or no maintenance at all. Why am I always so unlucky?
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonseye View Post
People get worked up over things that honestly matter the least.
To me the annoying thing is not that they got it wrong but that they did not correct it when it was pointed out to them last night. It is almost like a reproducible bug gets reported on tribble and yet makes it onto holodeck anyway and then it takes months for a Dev to notice and that would never happen, right?