Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Seriously I stop taking anyone um seriously when they start tossing out the Carebear insult.

As for Fed Carriers and unique features, ill trade the KDF unique carrier for the Fed unique PvE mission chains, not all of us want to PvP to be a Klingon, im tired of being a Fed but I cant spend more than an hour playing the klingon doing explore missions and waiting in 30 minute pvp queues,

yeah Im a carebear, so what? I am not a fan of PvP, shouldn't have to be to play an MMO that isnt centered around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
10-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Each time some Klingons complain and demand that the Feds never get something... They get it.
Actually, it's only about some Feds whining about how they want to have everything everybody else has, too. Because some people apparently dislike diversity and want every faction to be a carbon copy of the other. The Klingons' opinion does not count, whether they approve or disapprove.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
10-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Klingons don't have Science Vessels.
Starfleet doesn't have Warships.

Instead, Klingons have warships with excellent science labatories and sensors.
Instead, Starfleet has exploration ships with excellent armnament and shielding.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
10-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, it's only about some Feds whining about how they want to have everything everybody else has, too. Because some people apparently dislike diversity and want every faction to be a carbon copy of the other. The Klingons' opinion does not count, whether they approve or disapprove.
It's not actually that.
Feds don't want one faction to be a carbon-copy of the other.
Their argument is another:
Feds are the good guys which means whatever the other guy has, the Feds must have too
(cloaks better yet battlecloaks, carriers, an unlimited number of universal slots).

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=battlecloak
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=battlecloak

I remember that as part of the feedback for the Gal-X some folks complained that it had only
a normal cloak and that it should have a battlecloak.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=battlecloak
There a people who want a battlecloak on the Defiant etc.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=183625

But since the other guy is evil he must not have what the Feds have.
(ships with more than one science slot for example)
Especially since we've never seen a Klingon who does research or was a science officer.

*EDIT, found some more:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=167476

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=167533

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=tooth%20paste

And Klingons should not have access to Quantums even 40 years after the shows , when we look at posts like this:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=12
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
10-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
we've never seen a Klingon who does research or was a science officer.:rolleyes
No Klingon science officers ever seen in Star Trek you say?

You may be partially correct, as I don't believe we've ever seen a Klingon science officer in Star Trek, but we most definitely have seen a Klingon scientist, specifically seen in the TNG episode "Suspicions" and her name is Kurak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
10-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
No Klingon science officers ever seen in Star Trek you say?

You may be partially correct, as I don't believe we've ever seen a Klingon science officer in Star Trek, but we most definitely have seen a Klingon scientist, specifically seen in the TNG episode "Suspicions" and her name is Kurak.
That rolleyes was pure irony.

This should explain how I really feel quite well:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=17

And we HAVE seen a Klingon science officer, during TOS so it's old news actually.
So this was irony on my part.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mara
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
10-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, it's only about some Feds whining about how they want to have everything everybody else has, too. Because some people apparently dislike diversity and want every faction to be a carbon copy of the other
.
Funny, I always felt like some of the feds just wanted to have all the other kids toys too, and believed they were entitled becuase they are the focus of the story, the prima donna of the show so to speak.
You know, that one person in the group that gets whatever they want, pouts if they don't and everybody dislikes behind thier back. Veruca Salt, thats who some of the feds remind me of.

Quote:
The Klingons' opinion does not count, whether they approve or disapprove.
Certainly feels that way a times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
10-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
That rolleyes was pure irony.

This should explain how I really feel quite well:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=17
Understood and acknowledged mister_dee, you have my apologies, I read your post out of context.

I also firmly agree with what you stated in the post you linked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
10-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Understood and acknowledged mister_dee, you have my apologies, I read your post out of context.

I also firmly agree with what you stated in the post you linked.
No apologies required and thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
10-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, it's only about some Feds whining about how they want to have everything everybody else has, too. Because some people apparently dislike diversity and want every faction to be a carbon copy of the other. The Klingons' opinion does not count, whether they approve or disapprove.
That was extrememly funny...lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 PM.