Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
10-25-2010, 02:53 AM
2Chrislove: I ain't reading that tirade, but I think I get your point.

Be aware though that Cryptic does not inform anyone about the reactions to reported posts and messages. There reaction is a private matter basically between the player you complained about and Cryptic. Most likely he got a warning or infraction points. (If you haven't seen him around anymore, he might even have been banned, though that would require him to have done this more often - and being reported for it.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
10-25-2010, 08:17 AM
People take the game too seriously IMO. I usually remove Zone from my chat tab when I enter PvP so I don't have to see the bickering.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
10-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atemporal View Post
People take the game too seriously IMO. I usually remove Zone from my chat tab when I enter PvP so I don't have to see the bickering.
but its half the fun of PvP. the smack talk makes the waiting for Klinks to alpha strike more amusing.

plus it adds competitive spirit. remove zone chat if ya wish, but instead of moaning about it, why dont ya join in and make your time a little more amusing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
10-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't trashtalk myself and I haven't seen any that makes me mad/cry. I haven't /ignored anyone except spammers.


Some of you are a little too sensitive about it. It's just a game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
10-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean guy View Post
your a fool mate a real fool it was not the rules of STO it was the rules of " " your a real tool the fact that you could not say hello or could not even give people help or anything like that now after all this time you contact me your a low life and that is the end of it RESPECT is about something just because its a game and i so far away from you thank god that you have the right not to respect me thats low and i glad i do not know such lower class people like your self in real life also the fact that you could not even take 2 mins to help people or even just say hi to people because of some sickness in your head that is not my problem because your STRANGE not one person backed you up and basicaly people complained to me about you so i thought well this guy is not respecting me to even say a small hi people are complaining about this person and the fact that you not understand about rules we have rules for a reason " " has been around for 15 years before this game and everyone has made friends we put our hand out to you and you bite so have a good life and what ever your problem is it is not mine anymore and if you quite just over been kicked from a fleet you must have real big problems especialy when you did nothing to be apart of that fleet. so good luck what ever but i think you need to see a DR. funny you use the word Harrasment geeeze i would hate to see what you call real harrasment because harrasment is a lot stronger word then you believe so look the word up goodbye.

and i feel sorry that you do not have any manners and where not grown with them.
Am I the only one to notice that this individual refused to employ any form of punctuation in this entire-......

....in this entiiiiiiiiire......wall? I would think that would be more applicable. The only attempt at proper punctuation exists at the very end. To this, I must admit that your decision to depart from this fleet is plenty warranted. If the leadership cannot use proper punctuation, something is wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
but its half the fun of PvP. the smack talk makes the waiting for Klinks to alpha strike more amusing.

plus it adds competitive spirit. remove zone chat if ya wish, but instead of moaning about it, why dont ya join in and make your time a little more amusing.
It's also a viable (if a bit low-class) tactic. This weekend a fed and kling were just going back and forth on each other and a lot of people were getting irritated.

To me, this is valuable time to catch someone completely off guard while typing on their keyboards or just too frustrated and unaware of their surroundings. Perfect time to strike.

I'm not going to debate whether or not smack talk violates some point in the code of conduct; that's up to the offended/offender players and Cryptic. I just exploit their current anger management issues and relieve them of command (by blowing up their ship).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISS Voyager
Greetings

Id like to bring up a sensitive subject that I believe is necessary to improving STO, and that's the bad attitude many players exhibit in PvP.
Firstly, let me say this: I am not bringing this up to complain about game balance, bridge powers, load-out, nerfing, or any game mechanic; this has nothing to do with winning or losing. Both Fed and Kling players are guilty of totally horrible gloating and mean-spirited chats when they win.

It doesn't matter how a game goes; 1 player defeating 5 others over and over again does not give them justification to spew terrible insults and degradations through the chat zone. Additionally, a player who loses does not have the right to chat mean things back at the other team. Such things aren't responsible, they aren't positive, and they turn a game into a bullying-field. I was shocked to hear (read) some of the things that players have typed as they "gloated." I was embarrassed to be playing the same game as them. If a player gets blown up in 10 seconds, he/she doesn't need to be told that he isn't as good as the others. Degradation only drives such new/casual players away. Imaginary space ships blowing up is not the same as a human being telling you that you are stupid/suck/ineffective/etc.

I think the game, the community, and every other PvP faucet of STO will improve massively if players simply stop being bullies.


I'm sure somebody here - perhaps even all of you = are about to reply saying that I'm a nut / softie for having the idea that STO PvP can be a "friendly" experience. If I am really in the minority about basic common dignity, then I'm already out of words.
Uhm....your post is a bit lopsided isn't it....I mean,where is the part about people that are just horrible at PvP and blame others for losing....and call them 'craven' for using skills like Tractor Beam,SNB and subsystem targeting?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
10-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Uhm....your post is a bit lopsided isn't it....I mean,where is the part about people that are just horrible at PvP and blame others for losing....and call them 'craven' for using skills like Tractor Beam,SNB and subsystem targeting?
Oh snap......vvvvvvv
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
10-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfcFan78 View Post
Oh snap......vvvvvvv
LOL Missed your post...uhm...oops?:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
10-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Actually, i think that smack talk can be a game enhancer.when it doesn't get personnel, anyway.
i seldom do it myself, although, i seldom need to.You see, I fly with a certain Mikey.He is our Psyops specialist.
It is a rare day when he cant get some random feddybear so discombobulated that all they do is go after Mikey. Who, of course, fly's a tank.While Mikey flies around shrugging off his opponents fury, the rest of us come over & take the angry fed out.It can be quite amusing.
also, ganking someone who is busy typing in zone chat is sure to get that person even MORE off of his/her game, leading to more beautiful explosions.We are all on voice chat, so we dont even read the zone chat, except to see who Mikey's target is.& belive it or not, Mikey is actually a very polite, knowledgeable player with a wicked sense of humor. he is nothing like his game chat persona.
anyway, try not to let the trash talk get to you, because that may be the entire reason for it in the first place.
to get you off of your game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 PM.