Lt. Commander
Cryptic, I understand you all try your best, but it's getting really ridiculous that bugs that major bugs that crop up after patches take a week or two, even months, to fix.

Right now, there is a major PvP Camera bug that's going around, where you are stuck in Mouse Free Look mode and unable to participate in PvP matches. Which can cause extreme frustration when your team loses.

Also, with the latest patch, there was a new bug that really threw off everyones K'T'inga models. Which really kills the fun of playing the game.

(BTW, be nice if the Hud Model used a K'T'inga and not a Raptor).

And of course the new inability to use the stores with tabs (like the Emblem Store).

Many players are frustrated and tons of players have left in the past because of bugs not being fixed. You guys need to be more proactive and squash them as quickly as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I am sure they are doing their best.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
I am sure they are doing their best.
Never said they wasn't, just saying they need to be quicker in fixing these bugs without waiting for the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
So tired of whines about game lacking perfection. I got a bug that I am avoiding, a big bug, a bug that has forced me to change the way I play, a bug that I could use to great persoanl advantage (and I am NOT), and I have stopped griping about it. When the whiners can come up with a few million to double the workforce Cryptic has on STO - THEN it will run with few or no bugs. But the economy is bad and we are lucky the game is online at all, so really guys, stop complaining, we have it allready as good as it gets, sheesh...
So it's whining becuase I'm asking Cryptic to fix bugs faster? Guess all those tens of thousands of players who stopped playing because of Cryptic taking their time to fix bugs are a bunch of whiners too.

All people want is bugs to be fixed so we can have fun. If not, well people will just move on and STO will end up like SWG.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Cryptic, I understand you all try your best, but it's getting really ridiculous that bugs that major bugs that crop up after patches take a week or two, even months, to fix.

Right now, there is a major PvP Camera bug that's going around, where you are stuck in Mouse Free Look mode and unable to participate in PvP matches. Which can cause extreme frustration when your team loses.

Also, with the latest patch, there was a new bug that really threw off everyones K'T'inga models. Which really kills the fun of playing the game.

(BTW, be nice if the Hud Model used a K'T'inga and not a Raptor).

And of course the new inability to use the stores with tabs (like the Emblem Store).

Many players are frustrated and tons of players have left in the past because of bugs not being fixed. You guys need to be more proactive and squash them as quickly as possible.
Azurion, you need to chill just a little (maybe have one of those cyro grenades thrown on you?)
but seriously, if the dev teams could be any faster about fixing the bugs in-game, they would have done so already
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Thats a very old bug(happens since I started playing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
unable to participate in PvP matches
Just if you click but it is very very annoying for players with keybinds too(I need to press esc twice to replace the battery,join team or just leave map because the cursor disappears).I can imagine that it is a real gamebreaking bug for newer players,this turns away all players without proper keybinds from PvP(no way that they will queue again if they can just sit at the base in 2-3 games in a row).

I never reported it(dont ask,I dont know why) but this is the worst bug in the game without doubt.

Until this gets fixed I know how you can avoid this bug(thanks to a player in my klingon fleet).The camera bug happens just if you turn/look around,inspect your character(his face etc) with your mouse after the queue window appears on your screen.Just click on engage and dont touch your mouse before you are inside the PvP instance,I assure you that it wont happen again(if a GM reads this now you know how you can induce this bug).Just remember,dont touch the mouse after you press engage.

edit:mouse,not maus(german and english are not my motherlanguages and I often use similar words from the other 1)
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Interesting, thank you for that tip.

If the GMs do see this, maybe that's a clue which could lead to them solving this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-26-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
So tired of whines about game lacking perfection. I got a bug that I am avoiding, a big bug, a bug that has forced me to change the way I play, a bug that I could use to great persoanl advantage (and I am NOT), and I have stopped griping about it. When the whiners can come up with a few million to double the workforce Cryptic has on STO - THEN it will run with few or no bugs. But the economy is bad and we are lucky the game is online at all, so really guys, stop complaining, we have it allready as good as it gets, sheesh...
unrealistic expectations? Given they claimed that we were going to have player owned space stations and a ton of great sounding things that never even made it into the game i think most players have vastly lowered their expectations and have accepted teh gmae as what we have, however given we dont have a great deal the least thy could do now is fix the bugs that have persisted since god knows when and stop ignoring them.

I recently couldn't spend exploration points so i contacted a gm and discovered it was a known issue and i could log out close the game client and restart, this i was told could fix the issue. Fantastic it did, so i bought the disruptor mk 2 beam i wanted and went to fit it only to discover it is incorrectly flagged as Lt Cmdr not Lt so i could buy it just not equip it. On my kdf i found i could no longer equip the AP wpns i had been using before for no apprent reason. The list goes on. I do not expect perfection, i am not screaming for more content but i do expect the basics to be working and not being able to equip weapons that have been around for an age is one thing i do expect to be able to do. That is not a case of unrealistic expectation that is failing to deliever low expectation
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM