Lt. Commander
# 51
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
And I still don't see what's supposed to be practical about splitting the firepower and shields of a single ship into three smaller ones. It only makes the individual ships easier to destroy than the entirety, thus depriving you of a whopping 33% firepower every time someone kills one.
What amuses me is that the people who want this the most would inevitably be the most disappointed with it, same as the Galaxy X and the Intrepid retrofit's Ablative Armor. The whole point of the Prometheus' MVA mode was that it made the ship more powerful than other ships of the same size and power. But because of game balance, that wouldn't be possible, and we'd end up with something that was at least as powerful as, if not weaker than, the standard Prometheus.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
not really. If you use the saucer seperation model, you won't get the the maneuverability buff, and you'll lose some hull (divided by three?), and you'll essentially get two mobile phasers, although I would use turrets/single cannons to even out the firepower. The one that'd be hard is using photonic fleet, I might actually suggest using a varaition of fleet support so they're considered two frigates, and you get your ship, that would be hard though.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
Multi-Vector Assault Mode was a feature of the Promethius class of ship as shown on Voyager. The ship could separate into 3 separate sections that would then attack their target.

I think it's pretty unlikely we'll see this in-game.
Unlikely but not impossible. Maybe it would be like the old Galaga arcade game when the blue lobster captured your ship, then you freed your ship to have two ships firing at once. Just a thought.