Lt. Commander
# 11
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
It's the same skill-up list you always use. You just need to pick 2 skills for the first column or 1 skill from the second to spend your last 200 pts. Each of the 5 columns skills increase in cost by 100 pts: Column 1 skills, 100 pts. Column 2 skills, 200 pts, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Same problem with a twist
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Just about to upgrade to VA1 from RA6 and I'm stuck with 100 points to spend .
The problem :
All my first row / 100 point skills have been upgraded , so I can't sped 100 points anywhere ...

Help ?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Go to Sol and respec the entire character. If you've filled all your T1 skill slots that's all you can do to fix the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Go to Sol and respec the entire character. If you've filled all your T1 skill slots that's all you can do to fix the problem.
Note: Maxing out all of your Tier 1 skills is a huge waste of skill points. When you are respecing think about dumping a few of those and topping out at 7 on the majority of the rest. You'll be able to get more higher level skills boosted if you do.

Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Arrrggghhh the pain ... the agony .... the boredom-of-a-respec ....

Seriously , first off thanks 4 the swift reply ...
Second , I always frowned on the respecs ... , just seemed like cheating "gaming fate" , so to speak .

Now to write down all the specs just to be sure that I end up just the same ....
BTW , isn't this technically a glich in the game ?
Yes it is . :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Note: Maxing out all of your Tier 1 skills is a huge waste of skill points. When you are respecing think about dumping a few of those and topping out at 7 on the majority of the rest. You'll be able to get more higher level skills boosted if you do.

To be honest I'm not sure how such a respec would "change" my character .
What you suggest sounds to me like pulling bricks from the bottom of a wall to place them on top .

In short , I'm not sure how my basic skills would act then ... , and I'm nothing if not "basic" . --- meaning that I prefer inferior beam weapons like Plasma and Tetryon -- with either Phasers (as a fed) or Poloron (as a Kling) .
All the raving about Anti-Protons just don't do it for me .
A fancy light / color show ototh , does ! :p

So a few more points in RA level won't kill me , so to speak .
The unbalanced PVP against the Klings at this level does that just fine ...
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotrik1 View Post
To be honest I'm not sure how such a respec would "change" my character .
What you suggest sounds to me like pulling bricks from the bottom of a wall to place them on top .

In short , I'm not sure how my basic skills would act then ... , and I'm nothing if not "basic" . --- meaning that I prefer inferior beam weapons like Plasma and Tetryon -- with either Phasers (as a fed) or Poloron (as a Kling) .
All the raving about Anti-Protons just don't do it for me .
A fancy light / color show ototh , does ! :p

So a few more points in RA level won't kill me , so to speak .
The unbalanced PVP against the Klings at this level does that just fine ...
I'm not talking about weapon preference at all. I'm just saying that you're only getting a 1 point boost for that extra 200 points that you spend at Tier 1. And you really don't need to specialize in both Ground Skill branches, since kits are designed for one or the other, not both.

Also, in case you're an Engineer or Science officer, why are you maxing out stuff like Attack Vectors, which is totally a Tactical skill booster and has no effect on you whatsoever?

There are ways to maximize your potential and you're not seeing them.