Lt. Commander
When the Cardassian faction eventually rolls around, I'm planning on making a Cardy Borg Sci.

A few months ago, a Sci I ran Khitomer Accords became quite excited that a Borg Science Kit had dropped off the boss for him.

Curious to find out why he thought it was so valuable, I decided to look it up on the exchange, with an eye to possibly purchasing one.

After I saw the price tag, I needed CPR!

It was 4444333.
My KDF has 2004396 million, my Fed has 1570035 and I found it ironic that between the both of them, they can't even meet the price of this item.

Can someone explain to me why this item is so useful?
Is there something special about it that the standard Science Healing Kit doesn't have?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Medic Mk X purple kit from Marks of Exploration has:

Nanite Health Monitor III, Vascular Regenerator III, Medical Tricorder III, Triage III

The Borg Medical Analyzer has:

Nanite Health Monitor III, Vascular Regenerator III, Medical Tricorder III, Tachyon Harmonic III

So the only change is to swap Triage III for Tachyon Harmonic III, which you find more useful will depend on situation and playstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Tachyon Harmonic isn't really all that great damage wise, however it is an AoE expose and knockdown which is really nice to have, since is has a fairly low cooldown (15 seconds) that means more exposes and thus higher damage rates. For a healer who otherwise lacks any damage abilities this is a god send. Many times have I one shotted Borg Heavy Tac's on the first hit with a Tachyon/Tricorder Scan/Sniper Exploit Combo. The AoE heal is alright but It's rarely able to be used to it's full potential and as such quite a fair tradeoff while still keeping your main heals in the kit.

The reason that it's so expensive is that it only drops (AFAIK) from the end boss in Cure, and not every time thus they are somewhat rare. Given the combination of rarity and uberness I'm surprised they aren't more than 5 mill. I personally wouldn't sell mine for 20 mill.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2010, 01:56 AM
This is the first time I've heard of it but looking at the skill differences I can see why it'd be wanted over the other kit.

*wonders if there are any other rare drops like that I haven't heard of*
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Well, I managed to get one of those kits realitivitely cheaply, although my KDF is now bankrupt with the expense.

I sure hope the expense is worth it one day.
Although I won't know for certain until the Cardassian faction goes liive and my Liberated Borg Sci reaches RALH (or whatever the Cardy equivalent will be - Gul maybe?).

I'm assuming at that point, the item description will be amended, regards Requirements.
At the moment it says Federation or KDF Science Officer.

I'd really hate to have bought this and discover it's unusuable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Um a Cardassian faction might not be around for years. . .assuming one is made. The next one (I'm still assuming) will be Romulan and won't be out till late next year either.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 05:59 AM
That's okay, I can continue to wait for the Cardassians to get their own faction.

And in the meantime, I'll have my Hirogen Rommy to occupy my time.
At least, I'd better get the option of rolling a real Hirogen!

If I don't, I'm not going to bother playing Romulan at all, mainly because I hate levelling multiple characters and if Hirogen becomes available later, I'll have expended all my effort on a character I will drop for the Hirogen.

Not that there's much chance of Hirogen being excluded, the Romulan faction race pool is so small (Romulan, Liberated Borg, Reman) they'll have to add Hirogen just for diversity.