Lt. Commander
# 1 Sitting in Chairs Accolade
10-27-2010, 06:02 AM
This tech has been so long in coming, I think every player should earn an accolade upon clicking to sit in a chair for the first time. You could get a new title, and even a holographic chair for your floor trophy slot (which, ironically, you probably wouldn't be able to click on to sit).

It could be the next "Where's Sulu?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
This tech has been so long in coming, I think every player should earn an accolade upon clicking to sit in a chair for the first time. You could get a new title, and even a holographic chair for your floor trophy slot (which, ironically, you probably wouldn't be able to click on to sit).

At least from the last engineering report it sounds like they are moving forward with it. Instead of a cryptic "sitting in chairs tech" bullet point, there was a sentence this time that they are converting all the chairs in the game to be clickable. So it sounds like they've worked out some kind of method at least.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 06:04 AM
its being worked on..its not a priority

I mean right now what benefits to game play would you get from sitting in a chair?

doesnt stop you doing missions or actions or stfs
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post

I mean right now what benefits to game play would you get from sitting in a chair?
Being able to program a musical chairs game puzzle in a mission when UGC comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Being able to program a musical chairs game puzzle in a mission when UGC comes out.
Love it. I just had an image of Spock running around playing musical chairs, genius.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator_Nick View Post
Love it. I just had an image of Spock running around playing musical chairs, genius.
Wow. I mean.....wow. And I thought I was bizare.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post

doesnt stop you doing missions or actions or stfs
I'm thinking about UGC content where I want my captain to start off with the ship's log, signing PADDs for a yeoman, punching a button on the arm rest to yell at engineering &tc. Also, my avatar gets tired standing around all the time.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 06:35 AM
If everyone would get it, what would be the point?
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El

Ha ha, I love collecting accolades/trophies and I would love to collect that
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
If everyone would get it, what would be the point?
Everyone gets a lot of accolades just for doing something. Heck, I'm already sick of poppa-Spock's voice every time I fly into a new sector and get an accolade. Some things need to be in the game just for fun, like the "Where's Sulu?" NPC comments. They can call sitting in chairs the Emote Conqueror accolade.