Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
CapnBludd beat me to it. Inquiring minds want to know.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The real question is.......What does it mean when someone watches someone else crouch, jump, then crouch again and repeat... in place for about 45 minutes?
i was figuring out my BOFF skills of course!

anyway, i took a picture of myself watching him, and used it for my forum avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyn
What does it mean when a player crouches, jumps, then crouches again and repeat... in place for about 45 minutes?

at perfectly timed intervals?
He has one of these installed over his keyboard ...
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
He has one of these installed over his keyboard ...
ROFL, I actually have something similar to that (except it is a Dragon wobbler). I never thought of using it to tap a single key LOL. I know what I am going to be trying out soon XD.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
Not to sure how being IDLE helps someone farm gold, or skill points, that usually requires activity to do in almost every MMO I have ever played. And I know it requires activity in STO to make SP and EC so I still don't know why being IDLE is an issue.
I once was reading while my cat batted the mouse around for two hours, I was in a DSE and over the course of two hours I leveled three times while doing nothing but my cat keeping me out of idle.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I once was reading while my cat batted the mouse around for two hours, I was in a DSE and over the course of two hours I leveled three times while doing nothing but my cat keeping me out of idle.
I find that a little hard to believe, but still within the realms of possibility, considering a Cat was involved. When Cat's are involved, all things become possible.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
I think that was originally a possibility, that you could idle in a DSE and level as I heard people talk about doing that. Although now, unless your cat contacted Commander Winters (et al) and kept accepting the Defend missions, I don't see how that's possible.

On a side note, my cat is better at PvP than I am (as well as the players he was matched against). Maybe he's a Caitan?

Seriously though, yeah the log off can be a PITA, but its not that huge of a deal for me. I'm more perturbed about having to re-log in just to change between characters.