Lt. Commander
Hi

Well, I just started yesterday with diplomatic missions and already did a few. Now I'm stuck at 100 diplomatic XP and it seems that there are no more diplomatic missions available. Did I oversee something?

So far I did:
~5 on memory alpha
Diplo mission on Vulcan, the one in the Bajor System and one on Starbase 39.

All the contacts on the "Hail Starfleet" menu seem to not give any diplomatic XP, so this is kinda frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 02:59 AM
There is a good explanation by Dstahl here from a while back when it was released...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...71&postcount=9

All the Diplomatic Story Missions are located here...
http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missions#Diplomacy

There is a good guide here also ...
http://stofan.comxa.com/guides/diplomacy.php

Once you run out of the Story Missions, you need to level up by doing the repeatable Explore missions (Star Cluster Missions). The non-combat ones will give you DXP. Its a bit of hit-and-miss but you will soon work out which ones give you DXP.

Once you hit Attache (160 points) Jiro will be listed in the Remote Contacts list, and he will start to tell you which areas to go to. At this stage a button will appear when entering the star cluster he sends you to, and the randomness of finding a Diplomatic explore mission is reduced.

It's a bit of a grind, but it is very achievable to get to Ambassador.

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirilene
Hi

Well, I just started yesterday with diplomatic missions and already did a few. Now I'm stuck at 100 diplomatic XP and it seems that there are no more diplomatic missions available. Did I oversee something?

So far I did:
~5 on memory alpha
Diplo mission on Vulcan, the one in the Bajor System and one on Starbase 39.

All the contacts on the "Hail Starfleet" menu seem to not give any diplomatic XP, so this is kinda frustrating.
In the Cluster / Nebula / Expanse missions, all of the non-combat missions with the exception of the Gather Data Missions will net you 10 DXP a shot. In the early stages of advancement, you'll have to do those much of the time, quite literally farming for them. I found the Zenas Expanse offered more Non-combat missions more than any other, but that's not available until lvl 37.

As you increase in Diplomatic rank, Ambassador Jiro will give you more diplomatic Investigation missions but it doesn't get really significant until you hit the 700+ point rank where you will also get assigned First Contact Missions.

Leveling up in Diplomatic rank does take time and as was mentioned, it can be a real grind; however, at the end of the rainbow is the enemy faction Boff...a Gorn, Naussican or Orion (and of course a really cool uniform). I've leveled up 3 toons to ambassador and it was worth every mission it took to get there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't forget the 'Rescue the Deferi' daily that appears once you're along the Deferi mission arc. (Available from level 10)

That nets you 10 DXP a shot, and all you have to do is stay in one place and press 'F'.

(As opposed to other, more complicated Diplomacy missions where you move around and press 'F'.)

The First Contact Missions are the best part of Diplomacy, and worth getting to. The rewards are nice too, of course. Just a shame there's no purpose to it whatsoever once you hit Federation Ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Of course you do have to fly to Deferi sector and then all the way out to where the Breen Patrol patrols.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
and there are also non combat patrol missions that will give you diplomatic points. These are part of the "Patrol the X sector" missions you get from Winters, Argus and the other defense contacts, almost all of these patrol sector missions include one diplomatic mission worth 10 points each.