Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP with BOs
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Was in a discussion about taking BOs into social areas, and stumbled into an idea about a PvP game type where each player brings BOs (credit Valias).

What do you all think? Good idea to revitalize ground PvP, or would it degrade into a massive charlie foxtrot of grenades flying every which way and rooms filled with 15-20 turrets?

Either way I think it'd be a hell of a lot of fun
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Guildwars had a simular thing going and it was called Hero battles. You would come in with your four officers (heros they called them) and it was more of a cap and hold than a kill fest... you had to control strategic spots on the map in order to get points. It was hard to get a good team set up but it was uber fun! Something like that would be fun for STO
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
The previous thread with a similar idea had a few responses, and died . It would be super cool, but for some reason people either aren't interested in the idea, or aren't interested in ground PvP. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=184698
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
In beta, Otha used to give you your away team when you beamed down. I really liked it a lot more then. Why they removed that was never explained.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
In beta, Otha used to give you your away team when you beamed down. I really liked it a lot more then. Why they removed that was never explained.
They probably only had that in so they could simulate having more people...but if it's been done before, then the game should still be coded to allow BOs into PvP arenas, cryptic just needs to turn that back on. Lately cryptic does seem very open trying things suggested by fans, maybe we can get them to try this out?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
They probably only had that in so they could simulate having more people...but if it's been done before, then the game should still be coded to allow BOs into PvP arenas, cryptic just needs to turn that back on. Lately cryptic does seem very open trying things suggested by fans, maybe we can get them to try this out?
I doubt that. I mean honestly Otha had more people there in beta, even if you didn't count BOs, than you see there nowadays.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Man, I would love having my BOs in Otha. Make it so!

And Hero battles was fun in Guild Wars, although it was a C&H type thing - I'd rather see a deathmatch.