Lt. Commander
# 11
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I must say WOW that was Great, the best mission so far.

The Doom3 moments in StarTrek Universe
Love the Video efects BUT the audio efects are absolutly one of the best in a Game i have discovered so far.

The Voice over circling around you coming from the front the rear man thats a nice element of suprise.

Atmospheric close to pefect.

Now please keep the Qualaty of the weeklys that high
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I LOVED IT.

The voice when going down the dark corridor was amazing, it made me stop and look around. Also some cinematic moments when below decks with the Devidians that I didnt even know were possable with the Cryptic engine were amazing. This mission could have passed for a live action episode in Enterprise.

I have never and still dont like ground combat, but my lord the mission setup and storytelling more then make up for it.

The writers at Cryptic are simply GENIOUS!
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-30-2010, 05:11 PM
That was BRILLIANT!

A few "OH CRUD" moments - as has been mentioned, a corridor full of Devidians appearing from nowhere and then vanishing... I backed up only to see more behind me and thought "Oh sh**, I've walked right into a trap!"

Also loved the malfunctioning hologram - definitely thought it was also Redjac.

The one thing I didn't like was having two very high-powered enemies (Phantasm and the other one beginning with E) in the final battle - I must've died ten or eleven times with my Tac officer, and the respawn point's miles away.

This mission looks like it's building to something huge - I REALLY hope it is, 'cause if the quality of the next two episodes goes downhill, you'll disappoint a LOT of people. You've set us up, now blow us away!
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-30-2010, 07:13 PM
It was absolute genius and I loved every, single solitary second of it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-30-2010, 07:17 PM
The invincible boss at the end drags the entire mission down into the suck pile.

Worst. Mission. Ever.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOfHats View Post
The invincible boss at the end drags the entire mission down into the suck pile.

Worst. Mission. Ever.
The Umbrals are feeding him, so kill them first. Took me a couple tries to figure it out. Once the Umbrals are taken out, the boss goes right down.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Like most others I enjoyed it as well. I liked hearing some NPC conversation as opposed to reading it. Though I have a couple of questions on sidebar items below.

Semi-Spoiler Quesions below:

I'd like to bring up some small questions. Early on there was a jammed door which could have been opened by using power conduits. Now I had roamed around to the back side of the door (kinda accidently skipping ahead). On the way the ceiling piece had fallen on me. Anyhow I looked all over and coudln't find the power conduit (not sure if this is b/c I triggered from the "Wrong" side of the door). Was there an accolade for doing this, anything as far a reward?

While looking I found there was a door w/a room on mini map on the other side, was anyone able to access this room? I had no interaction I could do w/the door including attacking it. I also found in a nearby area I was able to jump on barrels to jump on a fallen beam, but couldnt quite make the catwalk jump anyone able or have reason to try this?

Thx.

Edit: I read some other threads and it seems w/o an Engineer I wouldn't be able to open the door.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Blackman
I must say WOW that was Great, the best mission so far.

The Doom3 moments in StarTrek Universe
Love the Video efects BUT the audio efects are absolutly one of the best in a Game i have discovered so far.

The Voice over circling around you coming from the front the rear man thats a nice element of suprise.

Atmospheric close to pefect.

Now please keep the Qualaty of the weeklys that high

I tend to agree.

The only problem i found was my flashlight didn't work to well, if at all. And the spiders had me almost freak out completelly when they showed up. (I hate spiders):

Best mission so far in my opinion. Keep up the good work STO.
Lt. Commander
# 19 next week
10-30-2010, 10:12 PM
can not wait tell next week.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
**Spoiler Alert**

Ok, loved the episode, best yet... except.. ok, at the end, I have two Dividians to contend with, and I can't beat them. I mean, I'm at the computer core, and my butt gets handed to me, and my team wiped 4x. I don't remember having this big of a problem. Is it a bug, that their health doesn't go down or what?? It really just frustrated me to no end, and I'm giving up for the night. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?