The Phantasmn gets healed by his minions
Lt. Commander
# 22 What Lies Beneath
10-31-2010, 12:00 AM
3 words...

Best

Episode

Ever

That was like walking through about 5 different horror movies combined, but yet, it was still TREK!

Love, love, loved it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallarian View Post
**Spoiler Alert**

Ok, loved the episode, best yet... except.. ok, at the end, I have two Dividians to contend with, and I can't beat them. I mean, I'm at the computer core, and my butt gets handed to me, and my team wiped 4x. I don't remember having this big of a problem. Is it a bug, that their health doesn't go down or what?? It really just frustrated me to no end, and I'm giving up for the night. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
I'm having the same problem too here, anyone with advice on how to approach this? I hate have to traverse the whole station once I respawn to get to the end, that frustrated me more than anything. Why is the respawn point not closer to the final boss?
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
I'm having the same problem too here, anyone with advice on how to approach this? I hate have to traverse the whole station once I respawn to get to the end, that frustrated me more than anything. Why is the respawn point not closer to the final boss?
The minions are feeding him energy. Kill them first, then go after the big guy.

And, please place a respawn point at the top of the downward spiral.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Great episode cryptic. A round of applause is deserved.

Great scenery, loved the dark corridors!
Great atmosphere, almost felt like I was playing a completely different game. Got me on the edge of my seat wondering what was around the next corner!
The dude shouting "bonnie-kin" almost made me wet my pants , the plasma leaks rocked, the Devidians passing you in the corridor,The spiders, the sliding doors, excellent, and the final boss was pleasingly difficult.

Loved the flash-light. Loved it. Nice move.

I can only hope there are more like this. A new standard has been set by which to measure all other ground missions.

Re: The final boss
Kill the little ones first. I had to then kill the biggest dude (Phantasm), then the "Elo..thing" or whatever it was called, just couldn't get him down otherwise. Had to be on the ball with reviving my BOFFs too they each died a few times when he pulled that David Blaine shiz.
Oh and always carry lots of hypos ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Buff yourself and your BOFFs with the triolic tribble and use the rifle from the last episode. Small Devidians first, then the Phantasm. This Elowhateverthing at last. Took me two tries, also.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-31-2010, 02:09 AM
I didn't have any problems taking down the Phantasm. I targeted him first, and made sure all my BOff's were focused on him. Took me a couple of minutes but he went down. Didn't die once.
Lt. Commander
# 28 How do I finish it?
10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
What Lies Beneath. How can I scan the Portal?
I found the spot but what do I do?
I think I found the portal. I can't actually see it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I didn't have any problems taking down the Phantasm. I targeted him first, and made sure all my BOff's were focused on him. Took me a couple of minutes but he went down. Didn't die once.
I realy dispise such posts as they dont contribute to the thread content in absolutely anyway.
Whats the purpose?..Hmm ,i guess for some players to say "wow,that maximus from this 12 fleet must be a great player !" Yes you never died once.You must realy good in ground combat.You deserve a cookie
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-31-2010, 03:38 AM
A truly brilliant mission. I had been looking forward to this and it did not disappoint.

Truly creepy, *very* Trek and with several "Oh ****!" moments. I loved it. The quality of the plot, the writing, sound effects and lighting effects were all very high.