Lt. Commander
hey guys.. i recently got my second monitor today, it's smaller version and old version of my new current Samsung SyncMaster 932b. the Old Version is Samsung SyncMaster 512n, althrough the graphics on old version looks so SWEET...

but.. i need help on how to get it working and in full sync. i would be grateful for anyone Who has Two or More Monitors helping me out. Please tell me your suggestions and Insructions, i'll follow it closely, making sure i have not missed a step.
will you help me out?

thanks,

Captain Niquette
aka
superlink1
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
hey guys.. i recently got my second monitor today, it's smaller version and old version of my new current Samsung SyncMaster 932b. the Old Version is Samsung SyncMaster 512n, althrough the graphics on old version looks so SWEET...

but.. i need help on how to get it working and in full sync. i would be grateful for anyone Who has Two or More Monitors helping me out. Please tell me your suggestions and Insructions, i'll follow it closely, making sure i have not missed a step.
will you help me out?

thanks,

Captain Niquette
aka
superlink1
Might help to let us know what Vid Card you have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
Might help to let us know what Vid Card you have.
the computer i have with current monitor has:
ATI Radeon HD 3450.
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core/Phenom X4 64

does this help?
The Computer is Gateway..
(it's my Mother's Computer)
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure that card can support dual monitors. Unless maybe you can use the mobo for the other one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I am sure someone familiar with Radeon cards and duel monitor systems will be able to help you. Been years since I messed with Radeon's so I wouldn't want to give advice to you concerning them that could potentially screw things up for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
okay, thanks
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Anybody able to help this guy?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Your ATI Radeon HD 3450 has 3 outputs, yes? A Dual-link DVI, standard VGA/RGB and HDMI?

How are you currently connecting your single display?
Are you mainly using HDMI? VGA? DVI?
Are you inadvertantly 'cloning' desktops, instead of extending?

I know you are using a Gateway; however -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Suppor
Connecting and Configuring Displays

Connect the monitor

1. Make sure the computer and monitor are off.
2. Plug the monitor cables into their appropriate connectors.
3. Power on the monitors first and then restart the computer so that Windows® can detect the new hardware settings.
4. When the New Hardware Found Wizard appears, at the appropriate prompt insert the installation CD to load the drivers for the graphics card.
5. Once the drivers and software have been installed, configure the display.
Configure the display

1. Navigate to the Control Panel and choose Display, or right-click on the desktop and choose Properties.
2. Choose the Settings tab and select the screen resolution and color depth that best suit your requirements and your display's performance.
3. Click Advanced and then select the Monitor tab.
4. Choose a refresh rate from the drop-down list.
WARNING!: Choosing a refresh rate unsupported by your display may damage your display. Consult your display's documentation if necessary.

Click OK to return to the desktop.
Once you have configured the main display you can configure any other displays that are connected.

To configure another display, do the following:
  1. 1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then click Display.
    2. To access the basic multi-monitor configuration settings, click the Settings tab.
    3. Select the Monitor icon identified by the number 2.
    4. Click Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor.
    5. Set the Screen Resolution and Color Quality as appropriate for the second monitor. Click Apply or OK to apply these new values.

NOTE: When using multiple monitors with the graphics card, one monitor will always be the Primary display. Any additional monitors will be designated as Secondary.

NOTE: You can also enable and configure multiple monitors using the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center.
Click: Dell Support link for ATi Radeon HD 3400 series video card (low profile)